Thread: KooRaRoo and Windows 10

KooRaRoo and Windows 10

Hello all.

Have been a long time user/fan of KooRaRoo and will continue to use/support it.

That said, I am having a major issue with KRR and was wondering if there was some way to get it KRR working with Windows 10 as it will be releasing in about 2 weeks.

KRR works just fine with Windows 10 itself. The problem I have been having is every time Windows updates I have to reenter my Registration Info, which is no biggie. But the problem I have is that after registration, all the Data Files are gone and I have to rescan all my Videos/Music/Etc. This takes a couple of hours as I have over 5k of files that are scanned. And this happens every time Windows updates, which is about ever 5 to 7 days. I don't understand why KRR does not keep its data after an update. All my other applications are not effected by the update, just KRR.

I will check and see if I can back up the Database, but as of right now KRR is still scanning the files and will not respond during that process. Thought I would post this and see if there was some way for KRR to save its data before an Windows Update.

Thanks

same here - every preview build wipes the KRR settings. I gave up and installed Serviio.

I just upgraded to Windows 10. Everything went great, I started KRR add my device folders, but the server is stuck on pending. The program recognizes my other devices, but program will not start. Any suggestions?

I finally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (1511). Had similar problems as others noted with KooRaRoo. It would just hang on start.

Removed KooRaRoo from my system and reinstalled it. As a result I also had to reset all KRR options, and add the folders back again.

But it works fine!

My KRR is working fine with Win10, no problems as discussed here

Quote Originally Posted by keiserSoze View Post
    My KRR is working fine with Win10, no problems as discussed here
    What is your secret? I have no idea what to do to keep the Media Database intact after an Update. I am on the Insider Program and I get updates about every week and have to add all the files again and again after the update. Just wondering why it will not keep the Registration Information after an System update.

I think I wouldn't have to rescan the media files if the Registration would carry over from each build. KRR is the only App that requires me to re-enter my registration information after upgrading. Guess will have to keep doing this until someone fixes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tobybellwood View Post
    same here - every preview build wipes the KRR settings. I gave up and installed Serviio.
    Toby,

Have to agree with you. After reading your post and doing a little research, I too have downloaded and installed Serviio. At the present time, I am using the Pro version (15 day free Trial) and it is working fantastic. Have looked over the differences between the Free and Pro versions and I have not used any of features with Pro, so will probably stick with the Free version for now.

One of the nice things I have seen with Serviio is the support. The developer has been keeping the program up to date and at least answers questions on it's forums. I have to say that since Dennis left KooRaRoo, support has been lacking, and that is sad.

Anyway, I have traded KRR for Serviio and not going to look back. Thanks again for your post and leting us know about Serviio.

Quote Originally Posted by freeop View Post
    What is your secret? I have no idea what to do to keep the Media Database intact after an Update. I am on the Insider Program and I get updates about every week and have to add all the files again and again after the update. Just wondering why it will not keep the Registration Information after an System update.

I think I wouldn't have to rescan the media files if the Registration would carry over from each build. KRR is the only App that requires me to re-enter my registration information after upgrading. Guess will have to keep doing this until someone fixes this.
    I think the problem is with file system rights... move KRR files to alternate location, don't use default one c:\program files\... and also try to setup KRR to work with admin privileges. Or check what user is starting KRR service, give greater permissions. I cannot remember if I have done so during installation, but I usually do such things, so 99% sure I did the same with KRR installation also.
    let me know if that will help.

K.