Thread: Cannot seem to get MKV files to stream on WD TV?

Unhappy Cannot seem to get MKV files to stream on WD TV?

I just purchased a WD TV media player to stream MKV's from my Kooraroo media server. Western Digital website and manual states that the WD TV can support the following video formats - AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9, FLV (h.264).

The MKV files that I am trying to stream contain h264 codecs within them. When I click play on the remote, it starts to "play" but nothing happens. I changed the WD TV device profile in kooraroo to WD TV Live but that doesn't seem to work? I don't see a profile in the list for WD TV, just WD TV Live and WD TV Live Plus. I believe Live and Live Plus are a bit different than the regular WD TV media player?

I'm not sure if anyone else is using WD TV with Kooraroo and managed to get it to play MKV's? If so, what device profile are you using if you changed that?

Thanks to all that can help me out here!

Cheers,
    Morden

After a bit of trial and error, I managed to get the MKV files to stream to the WD TV player using the Oppo 93/95 device profile.