Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung, supported formats

Samsung, supported formats

As I wrote in one of my previous post I had trouble with correct TV set detection. Although I resolved this by manually selecting different TV set profile, now I noticed few peculiar things.
    1. native formats being supported are being encoded (eg. mkv)
    - cannot be sure if this is result of my last update or not (I haven't noticed this before), when opened .krrx file I
    2. getting error: "Media file not supported" on my TV set while trying to play mp4 file format
    parts from my .krrx file (profile:
    <Device ID="9E5D3740-57B5-492e-92CC-15D512696FD3">
    <Description manufacturer="Samsung" model="BDP/HTS C/D/E-Series" system="PAL|NTSC">...)

Code:
    <Format id="matroska" format="matroska,webm" mime="video/x-mkv" dlna="MKV" encode="1">
    					<Codec id="h264_level51high" />
    					<Codec id="aac" />
    					<Codec id="ac3" />
    					<Codec id="dts" />
    					<Codec id="mp2" />
    					<Codec id="mp3" />
    				</Format>
    Code:
    <Format id="mp4" format="mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2" dlna="AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5" encode="0">
    					<Codec id="h264_level41high" />
    					<Codec id="mpeg4" />
    					<Codec id="aac_nolimit" />
    					<Codec id="amr_nb" />
    					<Codec id="pcm_s16le" />
    				</Format>
    Peculiar thing with mp4 is that attribute encode="0" value.
    So I need help with this 2 things, can you please suggest me what settings/attributes needs to be set to make:
    1. try to stream as is mkv directly to my TV set without transcoding (I suppose encode="0" should be enough)
    2. correct problem with streaming of supported format.
    3. I tried to find description of names/values of tags if krrx file but was not able to find such, can we have a brief tutorial of this, or is there existing XSD maybe?

Tnx,
    K.

Hello keiserSoze,

Could you please attach your .krrx file here (I assume you modified it). I'll check and try to find a solution. Thanks

-AR

I haven't changed it, but here is my krrx file. Now I noticed there are 2 profile for "Samsung TV C/D/E", I'm using the one with
    ID="9AA71974-F7D3-43a3-A92C-AC66537E4BCB". Thank you for the help.

K.

KooRaRooDevices.krrx
    Last edited by keiserSoze; January 6th, 2015 at 06:46 PM.

Thank you for the file. According to it the MKV files should not be transcoded. Could you please send to me the information for one of those MKV files? Just right-click it in Kooraroo GUI and select File Information, then copy and send that text to me. Thank you

-AR

Maybe I was not clear, MKV files are correctly streamed to my TV set. I'm not sure if they are transcoded or not, I was just guessing based on encode="1" property for MKV format. I'm having problem with mp4 files, when trying to play it get error on my TV "Not supported file format".
    Here is info for one of mp4 file:
    Code:
    Video, DB: 9977, Thumb: 14417
    S [h264, 28], bitrate: 2191418, framerate: 23,98, level: 41, profile: 100, flags: 0x0, flags2: 0x0

------------------------

Error message: Redirect console error: 2
    P.S. I get the same error for MKV file being streamed correctly
    P.S.S. For that device I have disabled transcoding
    Last edited by keiserSoze; January 7th, 2015 at 09:48 PM.

encode="1" basically means that this format can be used as a target format for transcoding. It doesn't mean that the format will be transcoded.

mp4 file information looks strange to me. Could you please find the smallest mp4 file and upload it somewhere so I can download and check it locally? Thanks

-AR

i will try do do something, will let you know the link. Can I give you a portion of a file, would that be ok?
    One more thing FYI, when i go to "Prepare files for device" and select vide + TV set I get list of:
    .asf and .mp4 files, don't know if this is relevant.

p.s. what about this error i get when going to file info?
    Last edited by keiserSoze; January 8th, 2015 at 06:25 PM.

I'm sorry for late response. Unfortunately the metadata information in mp4 file can be placed anywhere within the file, that's why a portion of the file may not work.

If "Prepare files for device" displays mp4 files, it means that some of the codecs used in those files don't match the information in the .krrx file. I'll really need the file properties to figure out what codecs are used there. For the error - looks like ffmpeg.exe is missing on your machine. You might want to re-install Kooraroo. Thanks

-AR

Lets try to go other path 1st: I'll try reinstall ffmpeg.exe and see if that will work, although all media files are correctly played on my box. Is there a way that we can get missing stuff references without uploading files? If I reinstall KRR I shouldn't loose anything. One more thing, how can I change log folder (recently switched to SSD so I would like to switch "target" folders to another HDD).

Cheers,
    K.

You can do the following: go to Tools->Options. Select File Locations on the left. Check "Transcoders" folder - make sure ffmpeg.exe is there.
    Change "Log" folder to whatever you prefer.

-AR