Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server crashing while updating.

Server crashing while updating.

My Server is crashing while updating, and I can't get access to it, in order to locate the file that seems to be casing the crash. The GUI is "grayed out" before I can access the server.

I have tried to "right click" to access the log, but it happens so fast that I can't "catch" it. Is there a way to intercept the process, and kill the updating so that I can do this?

Also, the updating is happening on more than one drive, four to be exact, and I wondered if I might be "choking" the server with too many "processing files" requests.

Is there a way to intercept the updating process, which would help to isolate the "offending" file?

Sorry for this issue. You might want to try and stop Kooraroo service. To do that press Windows button, type in services.msc, then Enter - this will open Services panel. Then locate Kooraroo Media Service in the list, right-click it, select Properties, then press Stop button. Then try to launch the program again.

If this doesn't help you could temporarily rename your media folders to see which one is causing the issue. Thanks

-AR

That doesn't seem to be possible, as the server loads for a second, starts updating then crashes before one can intercept the action with "Stop".

Is there a way, other than reinstalling the program, that I can stop the updating, so I can investigate the possibility of finding the "offending" file(s).

Another possibility would be to have a way to open the program in something like a "safe" mode, where I could shut off the updating.

Is that possible?

If I could reset the updating, to one drive at a time, I could locate the trouble, and do something about this inevitable crashing.

rward1953,

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same things. I meant to stop the Kooraroo service from Windows Services control panel (with services.msc - see my previous post). Did you try that?
    Also - renaming the folders will also help you to locate the offending media file. Please let me know if this works.

Unfortunately there is no such option to start in "Safe mode", sorry.

-AR

I didn't see "Stop" as an option, unless the program starts with windows.

I actually have it set to start manually. When I start it, it loads for a second then when it updates, it crashes.

Problem with re-naming the folders is that more than one is based off the main root. i.e. "F:\"

I'm starting to think that a re-install is my only way out.

If there was a way to stop the updating, I could dodge the re-install.
    Last edited by rward1953; December 28th, 2014 at 09:58 AM.

I see. Could you tell me which process crashes: KoorarooMedia.exe or KoorarooMediaServer.exe? Also, how is the crash manifested? Thanks

-AR

That's a good question.

The main program loads, then, as far as I can tell, it crashes shortly after it starts updating.

It could be the server that is causing the crash.

I usually run other programs, like Firefox, Jet Downloader and, because I can't trust Kooraroo at the moment, I have Mezzmo running.

Is there any programs that you know that might conflict with the server? Maybe another media server?

In truth, though, previously, when I was experimenting with Kooraroo I had Serviio, and Mezzmo running at the same time.

It wasn't crashing then.

An update: I just reproduced one crashing issue and I'm working on a fix. It might be the same problem as you are experiencing. Next Kooraroo release will have a fix. Thanks

-AR

As it turns out, the problem I was having was that something in the Server software was corrupted.

Consequently, the server would crash on execution. I did a full uninstall, using a 3rd party uninstaller and completely removed any trace of the server from my computer. I then reinstalled the server, and although it seems to be taking forever to redo my media library, which is around 6 Tb it is doing it.

Now I have not installed the new version of the server, 2.5.0 yet, and I wanted to know what was new on it. Can you fill me in?

Also, I don't know if this is news, but the download page does not indicate that this is 2.5.0 and it appears to be in need of an update. I know that when I downloaded it, and checked it, it was the new version, but there was no indication on the setup file or the web page that it was the new version.