Thread: Album tracks default sort order

Album tracks default sort order

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to set the default sort order when viewing tracks in an album please? For example, I use the My Music > Artist/Album area quite a lot, and when I click on an album I find that whenever I click on an album the tracks have been sorted alphanumerically by the track titles. I want them to be sorted by default in the track order of the album. I can manually achieve this by clicking the header of the "Track" column, but I'd rather not have to do that each time I click on an album and want to play it to my network media player. Is there a way to make track order the default sort order please? For info, I've ripped my albums in FLAC format with the filenames in the format of two digits for the track number followed by the track title, e.g. "01 Black Dog", "02 Rock and Roll", "03 The Battle of Evermore" etc - classic rock fans will get an idea of my musical tastes from that

Hi PorkScratching and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately we don't have such option at this moment. I'll see if we can add it in one of the upcoming releases. So basically you need the program to remember the column that you last used for sorting right?

-AR

Thanks AR, that is exactly what I would like. I know it's just a minor thing, but I'm sure you know how these little things can make a big difference to the user experience.

Thanks PorkScratching, I've added this to our future development list.

-AR

I've been thinking about this some more. At the moment your initial default sort order for an album is on track name. I think the default should be track order. I believe the majority of users would prefer that.

Remembering the last sort order chosen by the user would still be of benefit too. Although I guess it could confuse users, so perhaps have an option so the user can select the default column for sorting?

I hope you don't mind me revisiting this. It's just that I use KooRaRoo Media every day now and really like it, and it works a lot better as a way of playing media to my Denon DNP-72AE than others that I've tried, e.g. Windows Media Player and MediaMonkey. My free trial is almost over so I shall be purchasing a licence very soon.

Hi PorkScratching,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I was also thinking about this and I agree that sorting by track number makes more sense. The problem is that track numbers often are missing, which can be a problem.
    I'll talk to a few other users and ask for their input on this. Thanks again.

-AR

Thanks for considering it AR15. I see your point about track numbers sometimes being missing.