Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current issues with KRR, device, file order, consistant connection and .avi files

Angry Current issues with KRR, device, file order, consistant connection and .avi files

I have mentioned this before, that KRR does not handle devices well. It often requires a great deal of resets, deletes and edits to get it connected to my LG TV.

Part of the problem is that despite setting KRR not to scan and connect to every device, it does so anyway. It creates a huge list of devices, 8 or more that we do not intend to use for receiving streamed data. KRR will not only find several devices but it will also repeat some devices having the same ip address. When this happens the LG tv will not recognize the KRR server and we are unable to stream from our NAS devices.

The other issue is the LG TV vs. LG TV 2013 models which our is. Krr creates a new LG TV device and predetermines an LG TV, or a 'default device' although it is our LG tv, it never finds our LG TV as an LG TV 2013. Now that we are approaching 2015, shouldn't the default LG TV setting be 2013 tvs or later?

Very frustrating to do this reset several times before getting a connection - seems to be more often.

The connection issue is worse on our Win 7 64bit using most recent release 2.40. Another computer using Win XP, release 2.30 has better connection success to the LG TV, however when it connects (series 2.30) , the tv episodes or movies are not sorted properly, they are random on the tv screen. I recall pointing this out to Dennis sometime ago, he gave me an update prior to 2.30 that addressed the sort issue.

Lastly, still having the problem with reading avi files, where Krr will not allow advancing the video file, nor will it allow the user to stop and restart where they left off.

thanks for reading.
    Last edited by alback; September 8th, 2014 at 05:17 AM.

Unfortunately, I pretty much agree with your comments. I, too, have a long list of devices I don't use, many of them duplicates. After I deleted a device that wouldn't transcode properly, KRR automatically reinstalled the device, but correctly this time. As far as your avi file issues, it seems like you're working with a file that hasn't transcoded completely.

Alback, Robert,

Sorry for these problems. For re-installing of unused devices - we are working on this issue and it will be corrected in the next release.
    For connection problems: indeed with some of the devices there are connection issues. We have a few fixes that should make the experience better (scheduled for the next release too).

For LG detection: could you please send to me the program logs? Just enable the logging, restart the server, then let it detect the device.

For AVI: as Robert mentioned this might be the problem with transcoded file. Does that avi get transcoded? Thank you

Thank you

Thank you both for responding.
    Devices:
    I try to run KRR with transcoding turned off which I would prefer to setup in my General options, rather than edit every device and re-occuring device.
    I have collected 2 logs, if you could direct me to upload them. In the past I used a dumptruck account, which has since been cancelled.
    AVI files, I wouldn't know if the AVI files are standard format or not. However, the problem resides mostly in KRR 2.30 on my XP, while the identical file streamed through KRR 2.40 in Win 7 will sometimes run fully (advance and play where stopped). I find the AVI file playback inconsistant, and is also affected by the LG 2013 setting for our screen.
    The other difference which was not mentioned in your reply, is that KRR 2.30 does not sort TV episodes, while KRR 2.40 does. This forces the user to search the folder between every episode to locate the next. The names of the episodes has been carefully adjusted to ensure consistant alphanumeric lists. Krr misses and show them random in the file folder and on screen.
    Despite this, movie titles are held in alphanumeric order properly.

thank you for reading and replying.

I solved my connection issue. It was my own fault, when I selected not to connect new devices by default. I deleted the devices to eliminate all the duplicates and devices that were not going to be utililized. This was followed by a fresh list, but all the devices on the list were 'blocked' in red which did exactly as indicated - blocking my connection.

The device connections could really be streamlined to be more user friendly, it must waste resources when Krr lists several devices that will not be used.

I must say, I thought I would have heard back from AR on this after I posted that I had my log files a couple of days ago. I traded up from the free program because Dennis really stepped up to resolve issues - even for the free version. I'm not seeing the same commitment as the company has changed hands. I have a similar perception with the updates, rather slow to follow up. This program has a great deal of potential, and much to improve.

thanks for reading.

Hello alback,

I apologize for late response and sorry for not being able to match Dennis's support level so far. I'll try my best to improve it.
    Great to hear that the problem is fixed, thank you for letting me know.

-AR

Although I thought the problem has resolved with my change in settings, I continue to have intermittent connection between KRR and our LG TV, sometimes we wait for several minutes before the TV connects to KRR, or I need to restart my computer, or restart KRR. KRR falls short in the playback of several standard video files where sometimes it will allow fast forward, but not every time. KRR still loads many devices that I do not use, and multiples of the same device - same network ip address.

I loaded UPnP 1 and 2 from Asustor - free app with their NAS, so far zero connection problems, video selection is considerably quicker and I have not had a single playback issue on the LG TV. The Asustor lacks the features of KRR, newest titles, sorting actors, keeping track of what is watched and doesn't load covers or movie data. I like that of KRR, however playback of video is the core of why I have this setup.

I will continue to use KRR for my photo and music collections, no longer for video.

Lg 42ld550 krr

Quote Originally Posted by alback View Post
    Although I thought the problem has resolved with my change in settings, I continue to have intermittent connection between KRR and our LG TV, sometimes we wait for several minutes before the TV connects to KRR, or I need to restart my computer, or restart KRR. KRR falls short in the playback of several standard video files where sometimes it will allow fast forward, but not every time. KRR still loads many devices that I do not use, and multiples of the same device - same network ip address.

I loaded UPnP 1 and 2 from Asustor - free app with their NAS, so far zero connection problems, video selection is considerably quicker and I have not had a single playback issue on the LG TV. The Asustor lacks the features of KRR, newest titles, sorting actors, keeping track of what is watched and doesn't load covers or movie data. I like that of KRR, however playback of video is the core of why I have this setup.

I will continue to use KRR for my photo and music collections, no longer for video.
    I am not sure what the issues are, but I now get disconnects, only partial file/folder info, invalid file for some. Plays others of same type. Seems hit or miss. No idea yet as to why. I had given up on the whole aspect of the LG dlna media streaming features. I have tried the Nero home essentials that came with the tv but tossed that away 3.5yrs ago, got the tv4yrs ago. I gave it a shot. as with serviio. no good. KRR had been performing fairly well... But, I have just gone over to storing my music/mp3 and all video formats on hard drives and playing locally or play to with a media player at the location and creating a lan with internet access and forgot totally about dlna . I dont even bother with the dlna built into my wd mybooklive personal cloud. too many issues still not resolved within the formatting community. just too long to wait, too many problems.
    maybe it will get to working with more fluidity and with a click or 3 and no minutes of wait time, then more load time only to get a disconnect from server , be it KRR or other. and as above, need a whole re boot of system to get going. by then, i dont want to watch or listen to what i had 10 or 20mins earlier.

alback,

Sorry to hear about the continuing connection issues. We are currently working on some improvements and fixes of the networking layer and hopefully the next version will resolve those problems.

johnniedoo,

Welcome to the forum! If you are having same connection issue with all servers I recommend you to check your network (router or other related components). It might be the issue. Thanks

-AR

My network works fine with serviio and not sure if that is the issue. I may not understand how KRr works, but it keeps on using 15% or so cpu as it goes at the folders I add. If I happen to shut down while it is in process of collecting data on some large files, I guess it just stops -not to begin again. Maybe that is what i see? I notice that from a list of movies in a folder in my WD home NAS/cloud some are listed as having 0seconds, while another is 3:40:14 figuring it is 3plus hours, which is probable for that particular iso file.
    It seems to work fairly well in total. I clicked on one movie , which has the start page with options like language etc, it was listed in krr as 8seconds. but it played through the movie. I just dont understand. some have thumbnails , some dont when there is a series and the thumbnail should apply to a few of the titles. just a generic thumbnail for one and the online available one on the other. refresh thumbnail/metadata does nothing to resolve this. I do not think this is a big deal, not for me anyway. it seems to be playing the files i had assigned to it.
    the part of the question was as to how it compiles the folder/file data after i set it up. sometimes it is competed, others not. after restarting sometimes it seems to finish compiling others not; I had to highlight the folder and start it over again. i forget the option i used to make it finish off the folder. It had stopped after 19 of 260 or so. Others were completed. I have about 5TB of stuff so i have been used many sessions where i add to it over a number of months.
    john