Thread: I can't update to v.2.3.1.0

I can't update to v.2.3.1.0

I have a full (registered) version 2.3.0.3 in my computer. Kooraroo warns me every day about a new version 2.3.1.0 and I already tried install it several times. I close the current version in tray, download the update file from Kooraroo's website and install it. It seems to be ok but when I run Kooraroo it displays the old version 2.3.0.3 again. I already did it several times: download from different browsers, install it in Windows security mode...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Hi Marcelo,

Sorry for this problem. Have you tried to uninstall the current version, delete the "Program Files\Kooraroo Media" folder and install the new version from here:

http://bin.kooraroo.com/KooRaRooMedia-setup.exe

Thank you
    -AR

Can not get the newest version Nr. 2.3.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by AR15 View Post
    Hi Marcelo,

Sorry for this problem. Have you tried to uninstall the current version, delete the "Program Files\Kooraroo Media" folder and install the new version from here:

http://bin.kooraroo.com/KooRaRooMedia-setup.exe

Thank you
    -AR
    I seem to be experiencing the same problem as the previous User. I tried it a couple of times and then decided to manulay Uninstalled v2.3.0.3 but I keept the configuration and installed 2.3.1.0. But still 2.3.0.3. I guess I will go ahead and delete the configuration too and see if it helps.

On a side note the support link under Help will open a browser with the following link "http://www.kooraroo.com/support/?rsn=hm" which seems to be wrong. Will double check if I can install the newest version.
    Last edited by swiss420; May 7th, 2014 at 02:36 AM.

Still no chance to update. I uninstalled everything and deleted every trace of KooRaRoo on C:\ After Downloading and Installing 2.3.1.0 the first thing after start is "There is a new Version available v2.3.1.0." You are currently using 2.3.0.3. I will wait with reconfiguring and entering the licence until you can provide some insight to the Problem. Hate to do everything again.

Edit: I went through the Registry and noticed that I can not delete the DAFUPnPProvider UUID under uuid:557da8f2-0709-67b7-9154-88478ca09e2c with the HardwareID:

UMB\AX64/KooRaRoo_Media_Server/2.3.1.0/urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1
    UMB\AX64/KooRaRoo_Media_Server/urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1

Probably not the Problem but I figured I will mention it. I will boot into Safe Mode and try it there.
    Last edited by swiss420; May 7th, 2014 at 03:33 AM.

Hi swiss420,

Sorry for this problem. Could you please go to C:\Program Files\Kooraroo Media" folder, then right-click KooRaRoomedia.exe, select Properties and then go to Details tab. You'll see a box with file details just like the attached screenshot. Please send a similar screenshot from your machine for KooRaRoomedia.exe and KooRaRoomediaServer.exe. Thank you

prop.png

-AR

Requested Screenshots

Sure also added the information in the App itself and the Update notice.

KooRaRoo Version Iinfo.jpgKooRaRoo Update Notice.jpgKooRaRooMedia.jpgKooRaRooMediaServer.jpg

Thank you. You do have the newest version 2.3.1 installed, the problem is apparently a bug in the program that doesn't determine the installed version correctly if you have a non-English language selected. We'll fix that in the next version. For now you might want to use View->Language menu to temporarily switch to English. Or you can ignore the update request.

-AR

Quote Originally Posted by AR15 View Post
    Thank you. You do have the newest version 2.3.1 installed, the problem is apparently a bug in the program that doesn't determine the installed version correctly if you have a non-English language selected. We'll fix that in the next version. For now you might want to use View->Language menu to temporarily switch to English. Or you can ignore the update request.

-AR
    Switching to English works and is fine for me. Thanks for the help.