Thread: Support for Google Chromecast?

Support for Google Chromecast?

Hello , is Chromecast dongle will be supported in future versions? Kooraroo media server is finding the device and it connects but the streaming is not starting, probably needs some code tweaking.

Thanks

Hello Denovan and welcome to Kooraroo forum!

Yes, we do have Chromecast support in our development schedule. Please stay tuned!

-AR

Not yet installed or tested but Plex seems to have an app (not free) for IOS that can cast to the Chromecast dongle...
    Nowadays I use Media:connect to stream from Kooraroo to IOS, but no possibilty to cast to another device.
    ... how about a Kooraroo app?

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately we don't have IOS development team at this moment, however if this feature has high demand we may go for it. Thank you

-AR

I would like to see support for the Chromecast dongle also. Just got one for Father's day and works really good with the Android Phone I have. Have only used YouTube and a couple of Facebook things so far, but would love to see my movies via KooRaRoo on my TV. Right now I am using WD Live to watch the movies, but Chromecast seems a litter bit sharper than WD Live.

Keep us posted on the development of KooRaRoo and Chromecast, please...

Hello freeop,

I'm agree that Chromecast support would be great. The problem is that Chromecast technically isn't a DLNA device, so we'll need to add a new Chromcast-specific protocol to Kooraroo, which may take significant amount of time. I keep this in mind however.

-AR

Last edited by mamuu; December 28th, 2015 at 07:08 PM.