Thread: Suggestion: group dynamic folders like Actor, Director in A-Z folders

Suggestion: group dynamic folders like Actor, Director in A-Z folders

For those who have used Serviio, you would know what I mean. It groups movies, actors and directors based on the first alphabet of its name. For example, both Johnny Depp and James Dean are grouped under the same folder:

Actor\J\

This would significantly reduce the number of entries under the Actor folder. The current Actor folder is simply unusable for me as I have a huge movie collection.

I did mention this to Dennis a while back when we were ironing out some bugs on movie metadata but only a stop-gap solution was created for All Movies. However the same trick doesn't work on actors and directors.

Thank you Aaron, I've added this to our future development list.

Looking forward to seeing this feature in the future. Thanks!

In addition to the sort request, I would to be able to select actors based upon the number of videos I have that they are in the data base.

Ie, I have over approx 1500 video titles, and 4000 television episodes. I only have databases for the movies, yet my list of actors is over 9800, impossible to view on the TV screen. The majority of those actors have been in 1-4 movies. It would make the actors dynamic much smaller if we could sort based upon the number of movies, or we could set limits so those actors under a specified number are not shown.

Same would apply for other dynamic lists.

thanks,

Hi Alback,

Thank you for your suggestion. Added to the future development list.

-AR

I only have databases for the movies, yet my list of actors is over 9800, impossible to view on the TV screen. The majority of those actors have been in 1-4 movies. It would make the actors dynamic much smaller if we could sort based upon the number of movies, or we could set limits so those actors under a specified number are not shown.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
    We offer guaranteed success for Testking hesi practice test exam with help ccna security of latest certification and practice questions and the exams of sterling ccie security www.mcdaniel.edu
    Last edited by skinpenthar; March 12th, 2015 at 04:49 PM.