Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CPU usage

CPU usage

Hi,
    I have a problem using KooRaRoo, I Use KooRaRoo on a server which I also use with a number of other services like SMBNZB. When KooRaRoo is processing files however it doesnít play nice hogging al cpu time, preventing other processes to continue.

Worse kooraroo itself seems to process files at a very slow rate. It was literally processing for days when it was scanning my music directory. (40000 files)

It might be because Iím using a single core cpu, but as home servers are often older pcís this problem might be bothering other people to.

Is there something I can do to have KoRaRoo work better on my system.
    (AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 2 GB RAM)

Hello Edwin,

Thank you for your letter and sorry for this problem. We are currently working on optimizing the program so it takes less CPU and works faster. The next release will contain that fix, it's due in approximately 4-5 weeks.

Hi
    Since I updated to version 2.3.1 from 2.2.0, my PC stops everyday, It runs between 5 minutes and 24 hours. CPU usage go over 50% when I start media server and it continue to use more and more ressources. I can't wait for the next revision. I would like to downgrade to the previous version. Where can I download It, and is there a special way to do it?

Thanks

Guy

Hi kinguy99,

Sorry for this problem. You can get the older version here:

http://bin.kooraroo.com/KooRaRooMedia-setup_2300.exe

Meanwhile we'll try to reproduce and fix this issue as soon as possible. Thank you

-AR

AR,

I just downloaded and installed the trial for KooRaRoo and I everything is working but I am experiencing the same thing EdwinD on my home server. The CPU is pegged at 100%. I am still waiting as I am hoping it is just indexing my music and video directories but it has been going for over 12 hours!

Is this normal?

Mike

Hello Mike,

How large is your collection? For a very large collections it may take lot of time and we are currently working on optimizing it so it does that operation faster.
    If it's not that big, please do the following: launch Task Manager, go to Details tab, find Kooraroo process that takes 100% CPU, right-click it and select Create Dump File. Then please zip that file, upload it somewhere and send the link to me. Afterwards you might want to kill the process and start again. Thank you

-AR

My collection is just about half a terabyte all in (music and videos). Watching the status window it looks like it is processing the media files. What I don't know is what exactly is it doing? Is has found all of my files and now it is going through file by file.

I am going to let it finish and see what happens. Let me know if you still want a dump file. Given this process is taking 100% cpu, I'm not sure how long that will take to create the dump.

Mike

It's extracting the internal information about the file to display it in the program. Please let me know if you see the progress, and if the process has finally completed. Thank you

-AR

AR,

Things completed and the cpu utilization has gone down to a normal level. Thanks for the help and insight on this. I think we are good now.

Mike

I've seen that behaviour to, problem is when KRR auto-updates the load goes back to 100% and other processes can't do anything for hours. (a hint from a fellow programmer, set te priority of the tread respoceble for indexing and updating files to lower than normal )