Thread: Can't see Vizio TV

Can't see Vizio TV

We want to watch movies from a NAS on a Vizio TV, model M551D-A2. Installed the KooRaRoo software. The TV does not show as a device. A Panasonic DVD player we have is the only device listed.

The tv is connected to our wireless network. When the tv is on, the computers in the house list the television as an available wireless connection, same as our usual network and the neighbors' networks. I assume that wireless network is for the tv and tv remote to use between themselves. The tv wireless connection and the one our computers which are operating wirelessly use have different SSIDs. Could this be a problem for Kooraroo?

Kooraroo converted the movies from the NAS into mpg files. They can be seen by the tv, but will not play. I assume that the reason is that I need to "push" the file to the tv, but can't because it is not listed as a device.

Our router is a TP-Link WR1043ND and is DLNA capable.

How can I get the Vizio tv to show as a device in KooRaRoo?

Thank you, Spencer

Hi Spencer,

Sorry for this problem. Could you please send to support at kooraroo.com a screenshot of your Kooraroo window with available devices? Thank you

-AR

Can't see Vizio TV reply

Quote Originally Posted by AR15 View Post
    Hi Spencer,

Sorry for this problem. Could you please send to support at kooraroo.com a screenshot of your Kooraroo window with available devices? Thank you

-AR
    Thanks for the response. We are away from home, will send the screenshot in a few days.