Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot See Any Devices

Cannot See Any Devices

Hi, I just downloaded and installed KooRaRoo Media via Giveaway of the Day. It sounds like just want I needed to be able to see my media on my desktop PC on other devices. I would love to purchase the program, but I cannot get it to see any devices. Perhaps it is just some simple thing I missed in setting it up, but I spent over an hour reading the installation instructions, watching the videos, reading the manual and browsing the forum and cannot figure out what is wrong.

No problem setting up the media folders, but when I go Devices or Play to Device, there is nothing there. Among my wifi enabled devices on my home network I have the following devices: Vizio 50" Smart TV, LG Wifi Blu-Ray Player, another wifi enable desktop, wifi enabled laptop, iPad, iPod, PS3, and Acer and Toshiba Android tablets.

Unfortunately, none of these devices appear in KooRaRoo even though they are turned on and in use. So, two questions:

1. Why can't I see ANY of these devices in the program?

2. How would I access my media via KooRaRoo on this variety of devices?

Thank you for helping as I am hoping it is just a simple fix I missed.

Hi,

All those devices should appear in the Devices pane. It could be that KRR is blocked by your firewall or the IP address of the computer that has KRR on it is on a different subnet to all other devices. Can you please tell me the IP address of your computer and also the IP address of one of those devices (e.g. the TV or the BDP) and we'll proceed based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hi,

All those devices should appear in the Devices pane. It could be that KRR is blocked by your firewall or the IP address of the computer that has KRR on it is on a different subnet to all other devices. Can you please tell me the IP address of your computer and also the IP address of one of those devices (e.g. the TV or the BDP) and we'll proceed based on that.
    Thank you for your prompt response, Dennis.

The computer IP Address is 71.251.133.94

The IP Address of my iPad (the device I would most like to use with this software) is 192.168.1.3

The router is 192.168.1.1

Thanks again!

Also, I forgot to ask...I often use a VPN (not with the IP addresses above). Would that affect the usage of KooRaRoo as well?

It is likely that the IP address you have given for your computer is your external IP address. Do you know how to bring up a command prompt on the computer? If so type in ipconfig and press enter, this should show your ip address. If not what Windows version are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisin View Post
    Also, I forgot to ask...I often use a VPN (not with the IP addresses above). Would that affect the usage of KooRaRoo as well?
    No, VPN will not affect KooRaRoo.

Thank you for your prompt response, Dennis.

The computer IP Address is 71.251.133.94

The IP Address of my iPad (the device I would most like to use with this software) is 192.168.1.3

The router is 192.168.1.1

Thanks again!
    As "myapps" has mentioned, it looks like an external IP address. To bring up the command-line prompt on Windows Vista/7/8, please press the Start key on your keyboard and then type "cmd" into the search prompt that appears in the menu. After that hit the Enter key you should be in command-line mode. Then use the ipconfig command and please paste its output here.

Quote Originally Posted by myapps View Post
    It is likely that the IP address you have given for your computer is your external IP address. Do you know how to bring up a command prompt on the computer? If so type in ipconfig and press enter, this should show your ip address. If not what Windows version are you running?
    I ran ipconfig.

IPv4: 172.27.35.16

I am using Windows 8.1

Thank you for that. It looks like your PC is on a different subnet to the devices and that's why they do not see each other.

At a very basic/simple level, the IP addresses should start with the same three digits, so your PC should be 192.168.1.x or your devices need to be 172.27.35.x

I assume that you have DHCP enabled on the router and it assigned this address to the PC. Do you have mean to control the DHCP range that it assigns? Sorry, I don't know how technical are you, so if you let me know, perhaps I can guide you better. The end result should be that either your adjust the DHCP range for the wired network to be within the 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.200 or you use a static IP for the PC.

Is your VPN disconnected when you are running KooRaRoo? Can you also do a ipconfig /all from command prompt to see if you have more than 1 ip address?

OK, Dennis, I am getting a little lost here. I am 66 years old and not as tech saavy as most. But, I will try to answer you as best I can.

I am using a modem/router my ISP provided the GT784 WN Actiontec. I am looking at the router Advanced Setup and in the LAN IP and DHCP Settings. The Gateway IP Address is 192.168.1.1. There is a Subnet Mask of 255.155.255.0 if that means anything.

The DHCP server state is set for ENABLE. The beginning IP Address is 192.168.1.2 and the ending is 192.168.1.254. The DNS Value is set for Dynamic.

Is this any helpful information?