Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cannot See Any Devices

Dennis if I may interject. FIOS Actiontec modem/router with default setting presents a barrier for UPnP and DLNA from wired side to wireless side. The IGMP proxy setting needs to be disable in the router to get DLNA to work from wired to wireless. Usually this setting is under the advanced tab for the Actiontec router but on some revisions of the router this setting is hidden. The setting can be found by logging into router then typing the following into browser address bar--"192.168.1.1/indexcgi?active_page=6059" without quotes. This should take you to IGMP proxy setting page.

Thank you - I didn't know about that setting on the router (I never came across this router in my testing) and I appreciate you stepping in. I hope it helps someone!

Personal experience. FIOS is Verizon company providing fiber to resident in USA. I spent four days trying to understand why I could not get any DLNA server to work across router sides. The Actiontec router is MOCA type.

Semi sorted my problem. ( thanks for the prompt reply to ticket Dennis) The problem is the firewall. If I disable it things work, exceptions were put in to allow KooRaRoo through but it still wont work unless the firewalls are disabled. Now its popping up saying cant use port Number ( sorry didn't write it down).

KooRaRoo needs both executables: KooRaRooMedia.exe and KooRaRooMediaServer.exe to be added to the firewall exceptions on ports 1900, 2869 and 53180 (both TCP and UDP). The 53180 is configured via Tools -> Options -> Server, so it may be different. Ideally, you should just allow both of these executables to use any port.

Unfortunately, I do not have Verizon FIOS (not available where I am). I am stuck with Verizon DSL which usually runs 1-3mps on a good day. So, I'm not sure if what was written above applies to me. I am a little reluctant to go fiddling around with modem/router settings as everything seems to be working very well except KooRaRoo.

I have to ask about the firewall exceptions mentioned above. I am using the Windows 8.1 firewall. How would I check to make sure that my firewall is correctly configured to let those two exceptions? I've never messed around with firewall settings before.

Thank you again.

Please take a look at this tutorial on how to use the firewall in Windows 8 - http://www.wikihow.com/Add-Exception...ows-8-Firewall if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

All sorted Thanks Dennis, Set Esets Smart Security to allow both KooRaRooMedia.exe and KooRaRooMediaServer.exe incoming / outgoing and away it went. No need to set ports.

What was strange is normally any program thats trying to gain access, even from across the LAN would trigger the prompt to allow or deny, for some reason KooRaRoo wasn't triggering, "almost" giving the impression it wasn't actually transmitting/sending.

It did prompt to allow Out from the PC that has the program, and was allowed.

Now to set the firewalls on the other devices

Thanks
    Last edited by Wayne; February 7th, 2014 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Please take a look at this tutorial on how to use the firewall in Windows 8 - http://www.wikihow.com/Add-Exception...ows-8-Firewall if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    OK, that tutorial made checking out my firewall settings easy. I found that there were TWO entries for KooRaRoo Media and one entry of KooRaRoo Server. All three had both the Public and Private boxes checked, I assume as allowable. They should be getting past the firewall.

Just to confirm I initiated KooRaRoo again and nothing is showing under DEVICES and PLAY TO DEVICES. The Remote Player box says "There are no items to show."

Any other suggestions I can try? Thank you.