Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AVC format with Sony Bravia 2012 (KDL-46HX850)

Does this happen when you burn-in subtitles? Burning-in subtitles requires full transcoding and this is where MPEG2 encoding is typically faster (but with a higher bitrate and a bit of a quality loss). We can certainly work on improving your numbers, as that seems to be really, really slow, given your hardware.

Please send in a log showing the issue to support and I'll work on it with you.

You. Are. Awesome! And you're making this into the best DLNA transcoder. Ever.

I'll compare FPS with and w/o subtitles in an hour or so.

I've got the exact same FPS when fully transcoding, with or without burned subtitles. Apparently, there is no overhead when overlaying the subs.

Fully transcoding to MPEG2 is done about 4 times faster, at an average of 52 FPS. Obviously, I've used the same file as an input source.

MPEG2: 52 FPS, CPU usage: 38%
    AVCHD: 17 FPS, CPU usage: 100%
    Last edited by Dude; January 18th, 2013 at 01:10 AM.

Right, but without subtitles many (most?) files should be remuxed, since the device profiles allows for it.

Still, I would've expected full transcoding to be faster for AVCHD given your CPU, so we'll try to work out how to optimize it through support.

Of course, thanks.