Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: How to use the burned-in subtitles feature

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by alb View Post
    I just sent an example file
    Great, thanks! I'll take a look at it and get back to you via e-mail on that.
    How do I set the encoding charset for the subtitles? Is it in the device properties -> subtitles tab? There I can only see language priority, font, size, color, and a codification textbox which allows me to insert a number, but no encoding charset names.
    Yes, that's the one - the charset is not a name, but rather a code page number, sorry for the confusion. The numbers are listed on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page - let me know if you are not sure which one to use and I'll help you out.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3
    Yes, that worked. I was not aware of the code page numbers. I set the code for ISO-8859-1 and it worked fine.

    Thanls a lot!

  3. #13

  4. #14
    Dennis:

    Shouldn't that code be the standard one set for the software, instead of 0?

    - David

  5. #15
    David,

    The code page is really person-dependent, as someone could be running English Windows, but wanting subtitles in Greek (or vice-versa), so if the code page would be retrieved from the system, it may not be correct. I am open to discussion on this though - so if you feel the code page of Windows is close enough, I can make that the default, sure

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    David,

    The code page is really person-dependent, as someone could be running English Windows, but wanting subtitles in Greek (or vice-versa), so if the code page would be retrieved from the system, it may not be correct. I am open to discussion on this though - so if you feel the code page of Windows is close enough, I can make that the default, sure
    Good call Dennis. KKR could detect the default windows language and set the matching code page as the default. So, for English windows, the English code page would be the default code page selected. If one want to change the default, then they can then select anew page through a drop down menu(?) and have it stored as the new default.

    - David

  7. #17

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    Hi Dennis,

    Thank you very much for such an easy-to-use software for people with limited knowledge like myself.

    I downloaded the trial version of Kooraroo earlier today and had no problem in transfering picture/music files & camera clips to my TV. However, I got really confused and frustrated when it came to playing movies with subtitles and that's why I wrote my post in this thread.

    First of all, I wanna say that my movie folder is well-organised, with each subfolder including one movie file and one subtitle file (Turkish subtitle files, all in .srt format), both having the same file name.

    When I first ran the software, I went through each menu, I left the subtitle encoding as "Default" in tools/options/advanced window. I also went to devices, selected my TV, then went to subtitles tab, enabled burned-in subtitles, and left "Default" setting for subtitle encoding there as well. I played one movie and its subtitle worked perfectly, but then I selected another movie and saw its subtitle showing different symbol for each Turkish character.

    Then I decided to change encoding to "Turkish (1254)" in both locations I mentioned above. First subtitle which worked perfectly with "Default" setting showed 3-4 symbols per one Turkish character, which made it almost impossible to follow, and the subtitle of the second movie didn't show anything at all. When I switched back to "Default" encoding, all came back to the previous state as I explained at the beginning, then I tested a third movie and its subtitle ran with interruptions, like it showed one line but showed nothing for a few minutes, then showed another line and nothing for couple of minutes etc...

    But I got no problem when I play these files locally.

    I've also got an inquiry about transcoding; I play one file and I see both streaming & transcoding working on the status window, and they both stop when I stop the file. But playing/stopping another file and transcoding still continues there and when it finally hits 100% I cannot see where it's stored, or what to do even if I find it.

    Thank you in advance,

    Mete.

  9. #19
    Hi Mete,

    Thank you for the positive feedback and I'm sure we'll get you up and running.

    There have been numerous improvements in the subtitles engine for the upcoming version of KRR, so I would recommend that you open a support ticket and I'll send you the latest pre-release version to try along with some pointers on what to set up. Let's see if that works properly.

    Transcoding will continue until it's done, but if you start playing a file while another is being transcoded, that first one will pause until the newer transcoding finishes and then it will resume. Transcoded files are stored in a folder that can be moved using Tools -> Options -> File Locations. You can also check individual transcoded files by double-clicking on the original file in KRR to bring up its properties and then going to the Transcoding tab.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    I would like to thank you Dennis, for dealing with my inquiry here in this forum, and returning to my support tickets quick and effectively. The pre-release version, which you sent me resolved all my problems.

    Have to admit, too excited with the new features ...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •