Just starting to work with KooRaRoo so maybe my unfamiliarity with the product isn't helping. (the good news is, quite a lot of stuff works ok so of course you don't get to hear about that). I'll post another thread about different aspects of the server end.

I am having problems with a brand new Sony 40" smart "Bravia" tv KDL-40EX645. Here is the manufacturer's page:

http://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/model-...ls#/manualsTab

I tried both 2011 and 2012 Bravia TV settings, each gives different problems. The biggest problem is that I cannot play .mkv files on this device. The same files work fine on Android (after I discovered that setting the android PLAYER rather than the tablet or phone does the trick) in MX player. The same files play fine on a Samsung TV, also 40", from 2011.

I've tried various tweaks to the available settings. I can describe the symptoms in greater detail but I suspect that right now you may have questions. One thing I don't in general understand is this: I can set all these different devices, but the settings corresponding to the devices are not available to me individually. Is there any way to "get at" those underlying settings?

Thanks

Stephen