Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Bundle Kooraroo with Team Viewer

Suggestion: Bundle Kooraroo with Team Viewer

Amazingly simple setup. Works great. Then the reality: Kooraroo is Australian Aboriginal for "reset server every few hours." With Team Viewer I don't have to get off the couch to do the reset.

Dave, thank you for the suggestion

On a serious note, you shouldn't need to reset the server (at least not because of KooRaRoo). What's happening with the server every few hours?

I have no idea. Al I know is that if I am not using the player (8player) for a certain length of time then I have to reset the server. Discovered this quite by accident. Not much different than "When in doubt reboot" solution to problems with Windows.

Do you mean that the server disappeared from 8player's list or it's there, but cannot be accessed?

It's missing from 8Player. The service is running. I reset it and it shows up in 8player.

Might this be due to Windows going into sleep mode?

I'm not making a complaint; just letting you know of a minor inconvenience.

Forgot to mention in my previous post - the Windows Media Player shows up in 8Player while Kooraroo does not. It doesn't work - I never use it - but it shows up even though I delete all the devices but one in Kooraroo UI.

Dave,

Yes, Windows going into sleep mode may be the issue here. Would you be interested in trying a patch to see if that's the problem (and a fix for it)? If so, please e-mail support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll send it to you.

I'd like to remove any inconveniences from KRR

Dennis - I'll stop my computer from going into sleep mode overnight. I'll let you know tomorrow if that's the problem.

Ok, thanks! If it is, then it should be easy to fix (from within KRR).

Dennis - On the basis of a single test Windows sleep mode appears to be the problem. If you're stil of a mind to, send the patch to daveyuhas at hotmail dot com.