Thread: Which Driver to use for HTC One phone?

Which Driver to use for HTC One phone?

My grandson has an HTC One phone and it has the capability to watch DLNA movies over my home network.

I tried to get some different movies/TV shows to play, but got the dreaded "Cannot Play" on his Device. I checked the KRR Server and it sees the device and in fact it was transcoding to his device.

I know I don't have the correct Device Driver set up in KRR and was wondering which one I should use. I tired the Default and the Microsoft Media Player drivers with no luck. I didn't really see any phone drivers in the list of devices, so was wondering which one would work with these devices?

Thanks for the Help....

Michael

Michael,

It depends on the media player installed on the phone that you use to watch movies. I would recommend trying MX Video Player, for example, and also select the corresponding device profile for it in KooRaRoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Michael,

It depends on the media player installed on the phone that you use to watch movies. I would recommend trying MX Video Player, for example, and also select the corresponding device profile for it in KooRaRoo.
    Thanks Dennis.

I found out that I have to install BubbleUPnP before I can use MX Player. After installing both apps, everything works just fine. It even started playing the movies with the Default Driver, so I guess the big thing is the BubbleUPnP app has to be installed before using the MX Player, as I didn't see any DLNA choices on it.

Anyway got it worked out and everything is playing now.

Michael

Michael,

Yes, you can use Bubble UPnP or iMediaShare with MX Video Player - sorry, I should've mentioned that.