Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metadata messing up file names

Metadata messing up file names

Hi all.

First post so sorry if I didn't notice if my issues have already been addressed or discussed earlier.

As the title suggest I'm using KooRaRoo (trial atm but if this one small thing can be resolved I will buy as it is one of the better DLNA servers I've used). The below image is a share folder:
    OUAT.png

Although when access it through my Panasonic TV it shows the following:
    imag0023z.jpg

I carefully name all my media and want them to appear the same on my TV. Is there something I can tick/ untick/ do to resolve this?

Thanks for any responses.
    Last edited by Taylor; December 22nd, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshots, but I am sorry, I don't see any difference - the file titles look the same. Can you please tell me what's wrong? If you mean that there's a "- Trial" added to the folders, then that goes away automatically in the purchased version.

Or do you the mean the last one in TV screenshot?

Specifically it is the bottom one on my picture of the TV. It shows up as Castle.2009.S03E19.720p.HDTV.X264... On my PC that I'm streaming it from it is called Castle (2009) - S03E19 - Law & Murder.

Same thing happens randomly happens in my other folders but its mostly just one per folder.

I worked out the trial folder thing =)

Thanks for the speedy response.

Ok, makes sense I'll add an option to fix this in the next update. I can send you a patch, if you are interested in trying it before - just e-mail support (at) kooraroo (dot) com.

That's the kind of support that wins fans, thanks.

I'm currently running 1.3.4.0 and not upgraded to 1.3.5.0 yet. Will the patch work on both or should I upgrade to the newest one first?

Yes, you'll need to install 1.3.5 first, because I can only patch based on the latest released version. Once you've installed that, let me know (via the support e-mail) and I'll send you a patch.

Updated now, I will send you an e-mail after Christmas about the patch as I'm off to see family. Thanks for your help.

E-mail sent, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    E-mail sent, cheers.
    Ok, thanks - I'll reply to you via e-mail with the patch.