Thread: How to access the Web interface in KooRaRoo

Question How to access the Web interface in KooRaRoo

To access the Web interface you need to know the IP address of your PC and the port used by KooRaRoo server.

To find the IP you need to run your command-line prompt by typing "cmd" into your Windows' search prompt. Then in the command-line prompt type "ipconfig" and hit Enter. You'll see the IP address there for one or more network cards.

To find the port used by the server go to Tools -> Options -> Server in the GUI and you'll see the port number there.

The last step is to go to the Devices pane, find the KooRaRoo server running on the IP of your PC, double-click on it and select one of the "KooRaRoo Web" device profiles for it, which should match the Internet browser you are using.

After that go to your browse and in the address bar type in the IP address (for example 192.168.0.34), followed by the port (for example 53180) and followed by "/html", like so:

http://192.168.0.34:53180/html

You should now see your media library in HTML and be able to play videos, music and photos.

I just checked this out. All my files appear to populate on the web page with thumbnails and hyperlinks to each file. But selecting a hyperlink starts a download, not a play function. Is this the intended result?

No, it should start playing. Can you please tell me which browser you are using and which device profile is selected for it in KRR?

Yes, the browser I'm using is Google Chrome and device profile KooRaRoo Google Chrome. Also tried Mozilla Firefox with KooRaRoo Firefox. In this case a dialogue opens asking to save or browse to something to open file with. Is this the intent here, to play files with a selected media player?

Well, sort of. What happens here is files play within the browser window upon selecting them (or they should bring up your default media player if you have no built-in players in the browser, but that's not the ideal scenario). I think it'll be easier to handle through support, so that we don't go into deep diagnostics here, so can you please open a new support ticket and we'll do some investigating to get this going.