Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set a photo as thumbnail picture of video

Hybrid View

Set a photo as thumbnail picture of video

I am new to using KooRaRoo and I am testing it out. So far I really like it and it does exactly what I needed. I am trying to figure out is how do I set a specific picture as the thumbnail for a video on the PS3? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I'm glad you like KRR, thanks!

You can change the default thumbnail by opening file properties (double-click on the file in KRR's GUI), then right-click on the thumbnail and use "Add Image" to choose a new thumbnail.

You may need to clear the thumbnail cache after you do this if you already browsed to this file on your device. To do that, go to Tools -> Options -> Transcoding and click the "Delete Thumbnails" button.

Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the wonderful product you guys have created I have been looking for something that would work with all my devices and this is the first one that has worked with my Vizio tv. Thank you

Is there a way to set the same picture as the thumbnail picture for each file in a folder?

Quote Originally Posted by commoshadow View Post
    Is there a way to set the same picture as the thumbnail picture for each file in a folder?
    Is this for video or music files? If for music, then yes, you could place certain files in that folder (e.g. "albumart-large.jpg" or "front.jpg") and it'll be used. For video files this is not used, but I can certainly make this an option. If you need it for video files, can you please tell me in what circumstances this would be useful, just so I know? Thanks!

It would be for video files. I have all my tv shows on hard drive separated into different folders each show and then in that folder I have separate folders for each season and would like to use the same picture for all episodes in the same season.

Yep, makes sense Do you have a specific image file in that folder (just to check if KRR already looks for such files)?

I was using ps3 media server previously and downloaded pictures and and labeled them folder.jpg so they are all .jpg

Ok, great - thanks. I'll add this to the upcoming update (due out in the next few days).