Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Set a photo as thumbnail picture of video

  1. #11
    Awesome thank you. I have one more question is there a way to get a video file to automatically select a picture file for its thumbnail?

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by commoshadow View Post
    I have one more question is there a way to get a video file to automatically select a picture file for its thumbnail?
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Can you please give an example of how this should work?

  3. #13
    Like with ps3 media server I would place an image in the same folder as the video and name the picture the same as the video and it would use it as the thumbnail picture. An example would be The Avengers.avi and The Avengers.jpg as long as they are in the same folder the video file would use the picture file as the thumbnail picture.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by commoshadow View Post
    Like with ps3 media server I would place an image in the same folder as the video and name the picture the same as the video and it would use it as the thumbnail picture. An example would be The Avengers.avi and The Avengers.jpg as long as they are in the same folder the video file would use the picture file as the thumbnail picture.
    Ah, yes, that'll be done for video as well as part of this update (it's currently implemented for music).

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Ah, yes, that'll be done for video as well as part of this update (it's currently implemented for music).
    Did this get added if so how do I go about doing it? Also did you add the feature to allow you to name a file folder.jpg and it would use the file for the thumbnail on all the files in the folder?

    Thank you

  6. #16
    Yes, these are part of 1.3.2 that should be coming out later today or tomorrow.

    I can give you a pre-release version if you'd like to try it - just e-mail support (at) kooraroo (dot) com.

  7. #17
    All of the files show in the program but when I look on my PS3 a lot of the thumbnails are not showing up is there a reason this is happening? Also how do I get a picture to show as thumbnail for all of the files in a folder?
    Last edited by commoshadow; November 18th, 2012 at 05:21 AM.

  8. #18
    You'll need to run Update Folder on the folder and tick "Use external files for video thumbnails". Once that's done, thumbnails should come up properly. You may also want to set this as a default option for updating folders via the Tools -> Options -> Update Folders setting.

    If the files are correctly showing up in the GUI, perhaps you need to clear the existing thumbnail cache. To do that, go to Tools -> Options -> Transcoding and click the "Delete Thumbnails" button. After that try the PS3 again and see if they all come up now.

  9. #19
    How do I get it to recognize a picture to be the thumbnail for all video files in a particular folder?
    Last edited by commoshadow; November 22nd, 2012 at 07:24 AM.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by commoshadow View Post
    How do I get it to recognize a picture to be the thumbnail for all video files in a particular folder?
    That happens automatically, if a suitable picture is found in a folder and "Use external files for video thumbnails" and "Create thumbnails" are ticked in the Update Folder settings.

    KRR will check for the same filename plus a .jpg/.png extension, it will also check for folder.jpg/folder.png.

    If that's not working, please let me know and also, if it needs extending (e.g. to support more possible thumbnail file names) - let me know as well and I'll fix it up.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •