Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad streaming and device profile

If ii understand you correctly, with just width ticked to 720 and height left unticked, no conversion should occur with smaller res files, e.g. 624x352. i believe this is the behavior.

Yes, please let me know how to edit device profiles to set the default codec. IPad supports embedded subtitles, so this feature should be retained with the Ace Player profile just as featured in 8player. Logs sent as requested.

Yes, your understanding regarding dimensions is correct

I'll create a new profile for the Ace and go through the steps on setting/changing the default format through support e-mail with you.

With the custom device profile for the Ace Player media client app installed on iPad 2 and iPad mini, along with some tweaks I applied to the device profile myself, I'm now able to stream all my files to these iOS devices smoothly.

Here are the key steps:

1) add _720p extension to the H264_level51high codec within the matroska format.
    2) make matroska default conversion choice.
    3) tick 720 width limit on custom KRR GUI device edit.
    4) use skip loop filter for sync in the Ace Player settings.

This should work well for anyone desiring to use KRR with iOS devices and resolves all issues with stuttering video. It allows streaming of all my various file types with no manual transcoding required. Most need conversion, but those 720 width and under do not.
    Last edited by Robert Grant; July 13th, 2013 at 08:44 AM.

Great, thank you for sharing that! I'll modify the stock Ace profile to reflect the changes you made.