PDA

View Full Version : See all Files but will not play

freeop
September 22nd, 2012, 02:40 AM
I see all the files on my Computer/KRR Server and see my devices. But when I get to the devices (1 Viera TV and 1 Blu-Ray Player) I can see all the files from the server, but when I select one of the files (*mkv) the Blu-Ray Player says Network Error and does not play, And on the Viera TV, the same file (.mkv) says cannot read file.

I have gone into the KRR Server and selected the file I want to play and selected Transcode. Selected the Device, Blu-Ray Player, and get the same Network Error.

This is one of the main reasons I wanted to try out KRR as none of my devices play the .MKV files.

I know it is something simple but thought I would ask here just incase I am missing something.

Thanks...

Dennis
September 22nd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Can you please tell me the model of your Viera and also the make/model of your BDP? Also, please go to Devices panes in KRR and let me know which device profiles have been selected for them.

freeop
September 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
My Viera TV is model number TC-P60S30 and the Blu-Ray is a Magnavox Blu-Ray/DVD Player, model number MBP5320/F7 F. KooRaRoo selected Panasonic Viera TV (DT/E/G/GT/UT-series, 2011) for the TV and the Default Device for the BRP. I have also enabled the logging and will post the log here after I post this message. Have to read the post where to find the logs :)

Thanks for your help...

Dennis
September 23rd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks! Can you please send the log to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com instead?

Logs can be found by going to Tools -> Options -> File Locations. In there, just click the Open button on the Logs folder and it'll open up a Windows explorer window with the logs folder.

I'll go over the logs and we'll get this sorted.

freeop
September 23rd, 2012, 02:03 AM
On their way...

Dennis
September 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks - I'll get back to you via the support e-mail.

freeop
September 27th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Just wanted to post that Dennis has been in contact with me via email for the past week or so and we finally have determined that for Hi-Rez videos being transcoded, you will need a lot of CPU power to accomplish the task.

I have a few *.mkv files that are 1080i and KooRaRoo tried its best with transcoding the files to my TV. But due to the fact that my Computer doesn't have the power to process these files, I would not be able to present the videos on my TV.

Other than this small glitch, I am very happy with KooRaRoo Media Server...

Dennis
September 27th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Thanks! :) Although I haven't given up yet - I sent you another e-mail a few minutes ago with a new theory that we could try out... We're talking about the Magnavox BDP here, not the TV, right?

freeop
September 27th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Yes the Magnavox BRP playing thru the TV :)

Dennis
September 27th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Let's see if we can get it going still :) It's easier to do through support and we can post the results here later ;)