PDA

View Full Version : Less frightening deletion message

NotesTracker
September 20th, 2012, 08:50 AM
When you go to delete a folder, the dialog box is a little intimidating. It refers to deleting all files from the database" which can give the impression that you are about to delete the media files themselves (though, of course, this isn't what is intended).

I would STRONGLY recommend that you make a simple enhancement to this dialog box: change all mentions of "the database" to "KooRarRoo database" or "KooRarRoo's database" or similar. This should make it plain that only KooRaRoo's internal database will be cleaned out, and not the user's precious media files.

-- Cheers, Tony Austin

Dennis
September 20th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Thank you, Tony!

I will adjust the wording in the next update to be more friendly :)

Just to be clear for anyone reading this post - KooRaRoo never touches your actual files in any way, there is no functionality in KooRaRoo to modify, delete, move, copy, etc... any of the actual files on disk.

swiss420
October 20th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I had the same thought like NotesTracker when I first had to delete the Files and Folders even with the new message. Partialy because the German Version has a spelling error.

"Dateien auf der Festplatte nicht entfernt oder modifiziert, so dass diese Operationen nur auf Ihre Medien-Bibliothek gelten."

"Dateien auf der Festplatte werden nicht entfernt oder modifiziert, so dass diese Operationen nur auf Ihre Medien-Bibliothek gelten."

While that would be much better I would just shorten it to:

"Dateien und Ordner auf der Festplatte werden nicht entfernt oder modifiziert."

Clear and Precise. Anyway just figured I would mention this. Great App, in combination with a BubbleUPnP Server the perfect combination to Access your Media from Anywhere.

Dennis
October 20th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Thank you - I've updated the German translation with your new proposed string.