PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles?

pagali
September 3rd, 2012, 04:12 AM
Hi! I've been searching all over for a DLNA media server that does 2 things: play DVD folders, and play subtitles. I'm really hoping your software will fill the bill. It looks promising!

Most of my movies are in MKV files, and their subs are in SRT format -- named to match the MKV movie files, and stored in the movie's folder. (For those that are no longer in DVD structure folders.) I can't seem to get the subtitles to show up in the transcode dialog so that I can choose them when transcoding. What's the secret? Do they have to be embedded in the MKV file?

A related question: If and when I can get them to show up, am I going to have to do that for every single movie that has subs? That's hundreds, in my case. I hope a global preference could be added.

I can see this is a very new product, and I wish you all the best with it!

Dennis
September 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
I'm glad you like KRR - thank you!

At the moment, only two subtitle modes are supported - one is sending external files (e.g. .SRT) alongside your video to the device and if the device supports them, they'll show up. The second mode is to copy an existing subtitle stream from one file to another (doesn't look like it applies in your case). Soon KRR will also support burning subtitles onto the video for those devices that do not support external subtitles.

What device do you have? Do you know if it supports external subtitles?

Once burning subtitles is implemented, it'll be done automatically, based on your global preferences (similar to audio languages currently).

molitar
September 11th, 2012, 03:09 AM
One major feature I am definitely waiting for.. I watch alot of Anime fansubs that are mkv with embedded subtitles. Currently I have to use TvMobili as well as this one for all of my needs.. TvMobili as it supports embedded subtitles for my Anime.. This one for my Tv streaming. Not fun having two eating up memory when you only have 4GB memory total.

Dennis
September 11th, 2012, 09:05 AM
If your device supports embedded subtitles then KRR should be delivering them, unless it's transcoding the files. Can you please tell me which device you have and which device profile you are using in KRR?

Also, KooRaRoo is light on memory usage, but if you see it eating up a lot of memory, then most likely it's transcoding at the moment.