PDA

View Full Version : Media metadata scrambled

Menelvagor
June 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Hi Dennis

I have just installed KRR and it is a great application but I am having some issues with the metadata in my media library. I my library is very large and I am finding that in many of the folders, some of the video files have taken the metadata from various music files which are also in my library. I have been goin in and locating the correct title etc and changing it manually but there are a lot of files to correct.

Is there an easier way to accomplish this.

On another subject, is is possible to reorder or select which columns are shown in the media window. I am getting music metadata columns in my video library and it would be nice to hide/remove the columns I don't need.

Thanks

Norman

Dennis
June 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Hi Norman,

KRR picks up metadata from files themselves and also from certain external files present in the same folder. Is it possible that you have some external metadata files (created by other media organizers, for example) that contain metadata in a folder with both music and videos, which causes all files to take on that metadata?

It is possible to reload all metadata, once we find the cause for this problem. To do that, just do an Update Folder and tick the "Update existing files".

One of the next updates will allow to reorder/resize/hide columns in the view, it's a planned feature.

Menelvagor
June 3rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Hi Dennis

I have had a look and can't locate any additional metadata files. I have just installed a new PC and KRR is the only media organiser I have installed on it. The media, however is contained on external hard drives which were connected to the old PC which did have other media organisers on it. The other thing that I am wondering is that I added a lot of folders at the same time and my entire media library is almost 5Tb so could KRR have just gotten confused with the amount of data. If there are other metadata files, what format could they take so I can do a global search to see if I can find anything.

Thank for your help

Norman

Menelvagor
June 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
I just had another thought, all of my music has been copied from an itunes library and it seems that the majority of the problems are video files taking on the name and metadata from music files in my library. Could it be an itunes thing?

In the attached screen shot, all of the files in the folder are episodes of Caprica

Cheers

Norman

Dennis
June 3rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Hi Norman,

There is a bunch of external metadata formats that KRR will read in, for example, do you have any files in there with an .xml or an .nfo extension?

Looking at the screenshot, I see that the first four are video files and the rest are music. I don't see anything wrong there - sorry, perhaps I'm missing the point? Please let me know what it looks like on disk (in Windows Explorer).

Did you have only music in your iTunes or both music and videos? Did you add the iTunes playlist as an external playlist to KRR?

The library size shouldn't matter - KooRaRoo has been tested with more files without any issues. I'm sure we'll figure this out.

Menelvagor
June 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hi Dennis

The files in the screenshot are all video files, that's the problem. The files which appear to be music are actually the same as the rest of the videos in the folder. 40

This screenshot shows the file path for the same set of files. I have checked for .xml and .nfo files. There is only one .xml and that is "iTunes Music Library.xml" and there are four .nfo files. All of these files are in my music drive and are not on the same physical drive as any of the videos. As I don't actually have itunes installed on this pc, i suppose I could just delete that file and try again.

Cheers

Norman

Dennis
June 3rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Hi Norman,

Ah, ok - now that you've shown the path to the files, I can see the problem. I am not exactly sure what it could be at the moment, but it's not metadata. File information is read from each file independently and the actual files formats are read in, so KRR does not rely on metadata or file extensions. It actually reads in the low-level container and codec information from the file.

Can you please right-click on one of those music files that should be videos and send in the output of the "File Information" command via http://support.kooraroo.com?

mzimniakpl
June 4th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Hi,

I observed this issue when I added few folders at this same time (or add new folder during add operation of other folder). Files in library was scrambled in the folders (including subtitle files).

Dennis
June 4th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Hi,

Strange - files are stored and processed according to their actual paths on disk, so even if you add multiple folders at the same time, they should all be sorted out correctly internally.

Does it happen consistently if you add multiple folders at the same time?

NELLY64
June 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hi,

I observed this issue when I added few folders at this same time (or add new folder during add operation of other folder). Files in library was scrambled in the folders (including subtitle files).

Hello All,
I had the same problem. I added multiple folders and the files were mixed (House in Band of Brothers, Photos in Videos folder). Once all files had been added and KRR had finished processing the files were sorted correctly by closing KRR then re-opening.

I have the problem of incorrect thumbnails eg Quantam Of Solace thumbnail is a photo from my daughters birthday BUT on my TV in the top left the thumbnail is shown correctly :confused:

Dennis
June 26th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Hello,

Does it happen only if you use the Welcome dialog to add the folders or does it also happen if you just use Add -> Disk Folder? I'm unable to reproduce this at the moment, but would really like to understand what's wrong and fix it.

For the thumbnail - if you try and delete and re-add just that one video, does it come up with a correct thumbnail or still a wrong one?