PDA

View Full Version : Another new TV - Sorry Dennis ;-) - Samsung UE22F5400 - 2013 Samsung Smart TV

MrShades
May 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
After enjoying using KooRaRoo with my new Panasonic Plasma TV with full media streaming, etc. - I've now been out and bought a 2013 model Samsung - UE22F5400

It has the full SmartTV functions with Samsungs 'AllShare' system - and works with DLNA servers.

One major issue:

- I can't get it to work at all. The best I can do is to leave everything at Default (it identifies the TV but uses the Default settings for it) - and then I can browse the meta-data folders (All Videos, By Type, By Actor, etc.) - oddly it doesn't seem to advertise the folder hierachy that I have set up.

- If I switch the device type to "Samsung C/D/E Smart TV" or similar it won't even allow me to browse the folders - just telling me "Request cannot be completed. MEDIA PLAY will return to menu" - or similar

Using the Logitech Media Server, I can at least play videos - and they seem to work well - though I can't ffwd/rew at all.

Using PS3MediaServer I can do pretty much anything - browse by folder hierachy, play videos and ffwd/rew (by using the remote control 'arrow keys' to jump fwd and back in 20s steps - which is better than nothing!).

I really want to continue to use KRR with this TV so any help getting it to connect, play and ffwd/rew (ideally better than PS3MediaServer does - but I'd take that!) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dennis.

Shades

Dennis
May 26th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Congratulations on a new TV :)

Let's get it going using KRR!

The first step that I'd like to ask you to do is to enable logging (tick the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu, then restart the server using the toolbar). Then, using the "Samsung TV C/D/E-series" device profile try to browse your media folders on the TV to reproduce that error you are getting. Once that comes up, stop the server and send the log to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com.

I'm sure we'll get it going quickly.

MrShades
May 27th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Sent logs via email - looking forward to seeing what we (well, I say "we" but I really mean "you" - I'm just a humble end-user!) can do... ;-)

Thanks Dennis

Shades

Dennis
May 27th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the logs - hopefully we'll get you up and running quickly! I'll get back to you via e-mail once I go through the logs.

MrShades
May 28th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Hi Dennis,

I've sent you a Wireshark trace but could install AllShare and do the same with that - can you let me know if what I've emailed is sufficient or whether an AllShare trace would be better?

Also sent you another email with link to YouTube video ;-)

Many thanks,

Shades

Dennis
May 28th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Hi,

Thanks - I'll take a look now and get back to you via e-mail. Sorry for the delay :)

MrShades
May 28th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Delay? You mean your normal instant service has degraded to lightning-quick? Anyway, it must be almost midnight at your end!

Thanks very much, your help is very much appreciated.

MrShades
June 1st, 2013, 04:51 AM
:D

Thanks for everything Dennis - Samsung working very nicely now, and performance seems much better than with PS3MS!

Great software, great support.

Shades

Dennis
June 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Thank you - I'm glad that it's all working now! :)