PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles Won't Play

Deepak
May 19th, 2013, 12:29 AM
I'm using v 1.6.2.0 and can't get subtitles to play over DLNA to my Panasonic P50UT50 TV.

1. I Followed instructions precisely given in the article 'How to use the burned-in subtitles feature'.
2. I have placed the .srt file in the same folder as the .avi file with exactly the same name.
3. Burned in and external subtitles play on my local device - VLC Player.
4. Subtitles (burned or external) don't play on my TV via DLNA - I just get the video and audio without subtitles.

PLease help.

Thank you.

Deepak

Dennis
May 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hello Deepak,

Do you have burned-in subtitles enabled for the TV (in the Device's properties)?

If you do, please right-click on the file in KRR and select Transcode. Then check if the "Burn-in subtitles" checkbox is enabled - if it is, then KRR has found your .SRT file. If it's not enabled, then the .SRT file has not been loaded up yet (you can use the Reload -> Subtitles menu item to load them in).

If both points above are ok, then I'll need to see some logs. To enable logging please tick the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that delete the transcoded files for the TV (right-click on the TV in the Devices pane and use the "Delete Transcoded Files" command). Then restart the server using the stop/start button on the toolbar and try playing that AVI on the TV again. Once it starts playing (and no subtitles come up), stop the server and send in the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

Also, your TV may support external subtitles, in which case KRR doesn't need to burn them in. Can you please tell me which device profile you are using for the TV in KRR?

Deepak
May 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Hello Dennis,

Thanks for responding. I tried all the steps you mentioned and still no luck!

Do you have burned-in subtitles enabled for the TV (in the Device's properties)?

Yes, I have this check box enabled. And encoding set to 819

If you do, please right-click on the file in KRR and select Transcode. Then check if the "Burn-in subtitles" checkbox is enabled - if it is, then KRR has found your .SRT file.

This check box is greyed out.

If it's not enabled, then the .SRT file has not been loaded up yet (you can use the Reload -> Subtitles menu item to load them in).

Tried this - yet this check box remains greyed out.

If both points above are ok, then I'll need to see some logs. To enable logging please tick the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that delete the transcoded files for the TV (right-click on the TV in the Devices pane and use the "Delete Transcoded Files" command). Then restart the server using the stop/start button on the toolbar and try playing that AVI on the TV again. Once it starts playing (and no subtitles come up), stop the server and send in the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

Sent the log file.

Also, your TV may support external subtitles, in which case KRR doesn't need to burn them in. Can you please tell me which device profile you are using for the TV in KRR?

My TV is a Panasonic P50UT50D. And the device profile I am using is: Panasonic Viera TV (DT/E/G/GT/UT Series 2011)

Dennis
May 19th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the logs - I've replied to you via e-mail.

Deepak
May 19th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Sent the .srt file via email.

Dennis
May 19th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Great, thank you! I'll send you a patch via e-mail shortly.

Deepak
May 20th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks. I tried the patch - no luck!

I have emailed you some screen shots and a fresh log. In device properties the burn-in subtitles check box remains greyed out.

Deepak

Dennis
May 20th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the file - I'll take a look and get back to you via e-mail. Your SRT file worked here, so it may be something else. I'm sure we'll sort it out quickly.

UnstoppableNH
May 26th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Hey Dennis,

I read the above, same problem.

I only see subs if them part of the file. (Doing so with MKVmerge)...

Sony - BRAVIA KDL-55HX753 (The app recognized it

Dennis
May 26th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hi!

I have a patch to fix this (and one other issue with subtitles), so please open a ticket through http://support.kooraroo.com and I'll send it to you.

UnstoppableNH
May 28th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Thanks Dennis.

Request #1324 "Subtitles Won't Play" created

Dennis
May 28th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks! I'll get back to you via e-mail shortly.