PDA

View Full Version : TV / Series Organization

loki75l
May 9th, 2013, 05:07 AM
I have been digging through the documentation a bit and am sorry if I missed this. I think a nice feature would be a way to tag / organize data in a series (TV shows for instance). As an example of execution, Mezzmo does this well (along with the correlated metadata retrieval). I noticed that in another thread that you were involved with that product at one point and with that stated, bravo on KooRaRoo.

Dennis
May 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Thank you - I appreciate it!

There is a way to create a TV series hierarchical tree, but it's a bit hidden at the moment :) To do that you simply create a Hierarchical Tree playlist with Album as the keyword and "Video" as the file type. If metadata was read correctly from your video files, then this would give you a nice overview of the series.

KooRaRoo reads in metadata from various online sources, in addition to what's stored in the files themselves, so in most cases it'll just work, but if it doesn't (or it's not what you meant), please do let me know and we'll get it sorted out.

cornishman
May 20th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Hello Dennis,
I use this method of serving recorded programmes. One useful extension would to be able to set the sorting criteria and order for these. This is provided in the Dynamic File List creation, but I would also find this useful in the Hierarchical Tree creation. The aim is to sort the files by added date, most recent at the top.

Cheers,
Chris.

Dennis
May 20th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Hello Chris,

Thank you for the suggestion - that's actually an already planned feature, so it's coming soon. I'm glad there is interest in this, so I can bump up the priority on this one and get it done sooner.

cornishman
June 6th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Hi Dennis,

I have just updated to version 1.6.3 and tried the sort function. I want to say that it works perfectly. It does exactly what I had hoped for - thanks ever so much for putting this change in.

Cheers,
Chris.

Dennis
June 6th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Hi Chris,

Great - I'm glad you like it! Thank you :)