PDA

View Full Version : How To Create a "Random Play" playlist?

Paulo
April 22nd, 2013, 09:28 PM
Hi Dennis,

I'm a current Mezzmo user and have stumbled upon you new software. I wondered where you went from the Mezzmo forums :p

I'm comparing the 2 software packages. One thing I really like is the ability to restrict a device based on content rating AND time. Great for unlocking some TV shows and movies once the kids are in bed.

I'm trying to set up a playlist so I play my photos at random but I can't get it to work properly.

Can you please let me know where I'm going wrong?

The steps I'm taking are:

Add Dynamic Playlist

Dynamic File List

Title: "random pics"

Dynamic playlist criteria: Type / is / Photo

Order by: Random / Ascending

OK.

Have I got the setting above right?

When I click OK and go back into properties the order by settings is empty and Random does not appear in the drop down list any more.

I've also tried the above settings to try and get my MP3s to play randomly and have found the the "random" criteria drops off after saving the playlist.

Thanks in advance.
Paulo

Dennis
April 22nd, 2013, 10:02 PM
Hi Paulo,

Yes, you are doing everything right, but that's a currently known issue, which means it'll be fixed asap :) You cannot apply random order to dynamic playlists at the moment - I'll get on to fixing this. To get it going at the moment, you can create a normal (yellow folder) playlist and just drag-and-drop all files from the "All photos" playlist into that. I should have a fix for this soon though, so if you open a ticket through http://support.kooraroo.com, I'll send you a patch as soon as it's ready.

Paulo
April 22nd, 2013, 10:19 PM
OK, that's cool - As long as I wasn't doing anything wrong :)

Do you have any device profiles available for the Sony BDP-S370 blu-ray player? It can play divx natively but needs to transcode MKV/MP4. I can't see a default device profile that allows me to stream that option (looks like all other options are covered except that :P). I can lodge a ticket as per above if needed.

Dennis
April 22nd, 2013, 10:49 PM
Yes, please open a ticket and I'll send you a profile straight away for that model - thanks for pointing it out!