PDA

View Full Version : Philips TV 5000 series profile

mzimniakpl
April 14th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Hi,

What kind of information do you need to add Philips TV 5000 series to KRM?

Dennis
April 14th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Hi,

We can start with just your model number, so that I could check the online manuals for it. Then, I'll create a profile based on the tech specs and we can test it out. Not much else :)

mzimniakpl
April 14th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Hi,

Model: Philips 32PFL5007K12 - tech specs:

Multimedia Applications
• Video Playback Formats: Containers: AVI, MKV, H264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9/VC1
• Music Playback Formats: AAC, MP3, WMA (v2 up to v9.2)
• Picture Playback Formats: JPEG

Supported Display Resolution
• Computer inputs: up to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz
• Video inputs: 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 Hz, up to 1920x1080p
• Aspect ratio: 16:9

Reference: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5007k_12/32pfl5007k_12_pss_aen.pdf

Dennis
April 14th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the specs! It matches the 4000-series profile very closely (or exactly), so can you please try that as a reference and if we need to tweak it (in case some files do not play natively when they should or some files get transcoded when they should be playing natively), we'll create a new profile for it.

Please let me know how that profile goes.

m5114
December 29th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Hey Dennis,

Can I also get the profile info for Philips 47PFL5028 please? It's a new TV and I currently cannot play anything to it.

This is my first Smart TV and I noticed that it allows me access to my media in my computer via Windows Media Server. My previous TV didn't have such a feature, I always had to use my computer to transfer media. Anyway, I managed to play movies but couldn't use subtitles.

The TV also sees my media content with KooRaRoo ID, but when I try to play anything, it says the format is not supported.

Is it ultimately possible to play my media, with subtitle support, from my TV with KooRaRoo?

Thanks,

Mete.

Dennis
December 29th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hey Mete,

That profile is already part of KooRaRoo (since this is an older post), so if you are using the latest version of KRR, you should have it. Please check the Devices pane to confirm that the TV is using the right profile though. If it's not, double-click on it and select the correct one. If it still doesn't work, I'm happy to tweak it to fix what needs fixing - it may be easier if you open a support ticket, as that way I'll be able to send you a profile to test.

If the TV supports external or embedded subtitles, KRR can send those through. If the TV doesn't support any subtitles via DLNA, then KRR can burn-in subtitles, so you'd be able to see them.