PDA

View Full Version : Tree and Folder Meta Data Table View - Be able to customise the fields shown

AmnesiaV
August 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
When I view a tree in My Folders, I would like to choose which columns of metadata I see and their order.

To Repro:
In 'My Folders', select 'My Music' or the 'Album Artist / Album' hierarchical tree playlist
In the window to the right, I can select columns, but can't do anything with them beyond Sort.

Suggestion:
1) Either a dialog box where the columns can be selected and ordered; or right click columns to add/move, with drag/drop to re-order.
2) Be able to change the column width
3) Be able to see Metadata for the whole tree or high-level branch selected and not just the lowest level branch.

Dennis
August 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!

Rearranging columns is already on my to-do list, so that's coming in the future along with hiding columns and changing their widths.

I'm not sure I completely understand your third point though - can you please give me an example of this?

AmnesiaV
August 18th, 2012, 12:40 AM
The 3) item is minor, and here is more info:
If within 'My Folders', I select the 'Album Artist / Album' tree list, the right window lists the Album Artists with a sub-folder count, but there is no metadata (Title, Media Info, Duration, Size, etc.), despite there being metadata colums.
If I move down a level and select the Album Artist branch, the right window shows the Albums with album covers and file count, but no other metadata.
It's not until I select an Album Branch, that I see the metadata for those tracks.

This means I don't have a view that shows all music within a tree or brance, and if I'm looking for a specific track for an artist, I need to click each album branch untll I find it.

Dennis
August 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Ah ok, I understand :)

Metadata is only listed for specific files, that's why it doesn't appear on those levels where there are no files and only folders.

I see your point about finding a specific track when you don't know what album it belongs to. Perhaps a search window would help with that, what do you think?