PDA

View Full Version : Hierarchical MetaData Tree - Be able to amend once created

AmnesiaV
August 17th, 2012, 09:35 PM
After I create a Hierarchical MetaData Tree, I would like to be able to go back and edit it.

Currently, I can edit the Title and Description, but I can't Add, Remove or change the order of Tags, and I can't change what it is limited to (Video, Music, Photo). The workaround is to create a new one and delete the old, but with 10K tracks that takes several minutes.

To Repro:
Create the PlayList:
Right-Click 'My Music' Folder > Add > Dynamic Playlist > Hierarchical MetaData Tree
Customise the PlayList, Click Ok
Edit the Playlist:
Right-Click the new Playlist > Properties

The Metadata columns to the left (included) and right (available) can be selected.
But the buttons to Add, Remove, etc., are greyed out.
The 'Limit To' Check boxes are also greyed out.

Also, those metadata columns should have titles, although it is obvious what they are.

Dennis
August 17th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Thank you for the suggestion!

Yes, at the moment you need to create a new playlist if you want to modify something apart from the title or description, because actually if anything is modified in the tree hierarchy or the file types, a new tree needs to be created anyway. One optimization that comes to mind is if you only change a low-level branch (e.g. in a tree of "Genre / Artist / Year / Album" remove "Year"), then it would be possible to keep the first two levels and only re-create things further down.

In any case, this is some good food for thought and I'll add this as a suggestion for further improvements.