PDA

View Full Version : Running under SYSTEM account

jcyr
August 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I'm running KRR on my Windows Home Server and am reasonably satisfied with its performance. It works well with my Cambridge Audio NP30. Since I'm rarely logged in to the server box I've set the 'run automatically at Windows startup' option, and I note that after a server reboot there is now a KRR process running under the SYSTEM account.

My question is as follows: When I log into the server under my admin account, run KRR under that account, are the KRR options set using the KRR dialogs running under the admin account (such as registration info, or folder selections) automatically taken up by the KRR process running under the SYSTEM account?

Dennis
August 12th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I'm glad you like KRR, thank you!

The settings (registration info, folders, etc...) are stored in the database, so they are not per-user and you should see the same settings under any account on your system.

jcyr
August 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM
The settings (registration info, folders, etc...) are stored in the database, so they are not per-user and you should see the same settings under any account on your system.

Ok, sounds good. Would I need to reboot my server each time I change something in order to get the process started at boot time (running under the SYSTEM account) to adopt the new setting?

Dennis
August 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Do you mean when you add new files/folders or when you change a setting? If the former, then as long as you have automatic updates turned on for folders, you don't need anything. If the latter, then a server does need a restart when some particular settings are changed, but you can do that from within the GUI (where you change the setting in the first place) by using the Stop/Start button on the toolbar.