PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles in and out / DTS, E-AC3 and Divx pb

Raven
October 24th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Hi,

i'm back to Kooraroo and give it a new try especially because of the * mark (it's WAF !) and subtitles support.
I have 2 devices (Philips 24PFL3507H/12 and SHARP LC-32LE351E-BK[B]).

I use the Philips TV-3000 series and the Sharp Aquos TV (MKV) profiles.

1) Subtitles Pb :

The first one (Philips) read subtitles embedded in a .mkv file but not the externals ones.
The second (Sharp) do the opposite thing ! but it list all the externals subtitles it found in an obscur format name 0l20l32l5809l14.srt ...etc. wich make very difficult to find the good one.

Can kooraroo do something for me in this two differents cases ?

2) DTS, E-AC3 and DivX pb :

The sharp doesn't support DTS and DivX files (XviD works fines). Related files need remux/recode.
The sharp support E-AC3 but actually it give me no sound.

How can i change the profile according to this ?

Thanks.

Raven

Raven
October 25th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Hi,

i'v made a lot of tests but there's too much options i didn't know (dlnaci, dlnapi,, ...etc.).
One pb at a time, let's go with the SharpTV :

The profile LG BDP 5/6 series play fine my .mkv with e-ac3 and it give me externals subtitles with their original name (with % for space) wich is far more practical.

I'v managed to add the avi_encode part i found in another profile to get my divx recode to xvid.
It's work but not on the fly, only if the transcoding is complete.
Same thing for .mkv with DTS. Only work after the transcoding is finish.

Here the specifications of the manual :

Thanks.

Raven.

Raven
October 26th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Hi,

The bests i have found for now :

1) If i remux/transcode to .ts i can seek by time but my videos take a large amount of time before starting (after complete remux/trancode ?) and the total length time of the video is wrong (ex 4h28 for a short video of 10 min.).

2) If i remux/transcode to .ts with the option seekbytes="0" all my videos start immediatly with a correct total lengh time but i can't seek by time even in my no-transcoded videos.

3) If i remux/trancode to .mkv my videos start quickly but i have no sound and i can't seek by time until the trancode is complete (i mean the next time i launch the same video, all work fine). I can seek by time in my no-transcoded videos.

I can't find a documentation where all the options are explain. There's hundred possibility :-(

Raven

KRR Team
October 27th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Hi Raven,

Thank you for detailed information! Some questions:

1) Long start time - does that happen on both of your Sharp and Philips TVs?
2) Could you send to me one of the transcoded .mkv videos that fails to play sound? You can find them in C:\Users\Public\Documents\KooRaRooMedia\KooRaRoo_T ranscoding folder - just sort it by time to find the newest files when they are created. Please upload to any file sharing service and give me the link.

For playing the file while transcoding - most formats actually require the transcoding to be finished before the player can play them, so it's normal. Thanks!

-AR

Raven
October 27th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Hi,

1) Long start time - does that happen on both of your Sharp and Philips TVs?
-AR

No only with the Sharp. On the Philips all my videos work well and quickly (except .mkv with header stripping/compression but by the past Denis said me that Kooraroo can't identify this type of file, perhaps there's now on option for this ?).

2) Could you send to me one of the transcoded .mkv videos that fails to play sound? You can find them in C:\Users\Public\Documents\KooRaRooMedia\KooRaRoo_T ranscoding folder - just sort it by time to find the newest files when they are created. Please upload to any file sharing service and give me the link.

For playing the file while transcoding - most formats actually require the transcoding to be finished before the player can play them, so it's normal. Thanks!
-AR

It's just while the file is transcode i have no sound (on the Sharp only, on the Philips it's ok). On the second try, when trancoding is finish the transcoded .mkv/.krr file play well on the Sharp. It seem the Sharp have some problems to handle files while they are transcodes.

I'll do a shorter sample tomorrow for sharing if necessary.

Thanks.

KRR Team
October 27th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Hi Raven,

Thank you for quick response. Looks like the problem is only specific to Sharp. I'll see if I can test that, although I tend to think it's some issue on the TV side rather than Kooraroo.

Thank you
-AR

Raven
October 28th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Hi,

the best i have found for now is :

1) trancode to .mkv : the video start quickly with accurate time length but with no sound and no seek by time (x2, x4, x8 worked). So i stop playing, wait a few time untill the transcoding will finish, play again and the sound is there with seek time enable.

2) transcode to .ts, don't need to stop because the video start after a long time (when transcode is finish ?) and i can seek by time but with inaccurate time length. If i do like in 1) : stop playing, then playing again all worked fine with acurate length.

With another dlna server (serviio), the transcode files start quickly with sound but with no seek by time.
I hope Kooraroo can do the same as they booth use ffmpeg (?).

Forgot to mention that all work fine with the Sharp if i transcode with the Format id="mpeg2" but the video is transcode (with poor quality) wich is not necessary.

I continue to test with various options.

Thanks.

Raven
October 28th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Hi,

here is part of the serviio log, i don't know if this can help :

2014-10-28 09:42:16,840 DEBUG [FFMPEGWrapper] Invoking FFmpeg to transcode video file: E:\Tests\DTS.mkv
2014-10-28 09:42:16,840 DEBUG [ProcessExecutor] Starting C:\Program Files\Serviio\bin\\..\lib/ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -threads 2 -i E:\Tests\DTS.mkv -y -threads 2 -c:v copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -c:a ac3 -b:a 192k -ac 2 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -sn -f mpegts C:\Temp\Serviio\transcoding-temp-6642-sharp2013-ORIGINAL.stf
2014-10-28 09:42:17,342 DEBUG [FileBasedTranscodingDeliveryStrategy] Sending transcoding stream
2014-10-28 09:42:17,344 DEBUG [MediaItemDAOImpl] Getting file of media item 6642
2014-10-28 09:42:17,344 DEBUG [VideoDeliveryEngine] Found Format profile for transcoded file DTS.mkv: AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO
2014-10-28 09:42:17,344 DEBUG [MediaItemDAOImpl] Marking MediaItem (id = 6642) as read
2014-10-28 09:42:17,345 DEBUG [LocalContentCacheDecorator] Cleared cache (local_resetafterplay)
2014-10-28 09:42:17,345 DEBUG [GETMethodProcessor] Stream entity has length: 50000000000
2014-10-28 09:42:17,345 DEBUG [ResourceTransportRequestHandler] Creating entity with chunked transfer
2014-10-28 09:42:17,345 DEBUG [ResourceTransportRequestHandler] HTTP/1.1 200 OK, headers = [[Content-Type: video/mpeg,Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 08:42:17 GMT,Server: Windows 7, UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50, Serviio/1.4.1.2,Cache-control: no-cache,contentFeatures.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=10;DL NA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01500000000000000000000 000000000,transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming,realTimeInfo.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_TLAG=*]]
2014-10-28 09:42:23,682 DEBUG [SearchManager] Committing search index
2014-10-28 09:42:24,464 DEBUG [TranscodingJobListener] Transcoding finished; successful: true

++

KRR Team
November 3rd, 2014, 03:25 AM
Hi Raven,

Thank you so much for the information! Indeed, it should be possible to enable audio while transcoding. I'll look into it.

-AR

Raven
November 6th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Hi,

I have do my best too match as possible serviio but it failed with DLNA.ORG_OP=10, the Sharp say "invalide file".
With some others settings often the video freeze at the same time (57s with AC3 and 1min36s with AC3_Stereo)

And, sorry, i discover i was wrong when i was saying the sound was ok on the second try.
It's ok if i play, seek in the video a few time, then play again.
If i just let the video (transcoded) playing from the start i have no sound.

I think there's something wrong with the audio start of my file in Kooraroo (with other DLNA server like Serviio and recently Meezmo there's no pb) because if i cut the begining of the audio part (with an audio delay by remuxing or with -ss 1 ffmpeg option to skip 1 second from the start) i get sound (unfortunatly with the -ss1 option the audio is no more synchronised with the video and i don't want to remux all my wrong -?- files).

I can provide a sample and other informations if needed.

Thanks.

KRR Team
November 7th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Hi Raven,

Thank you very much for the information. Could you please share a sample? Thank you

-AR