PDA

View Full Version : Files will not play on Sony TV

rothwells
October 17th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Hi!

New here.... Trying to get something better than Plex so we can have Parental Controls, so found KooRaRoo.... Setup everything and it's scanned my whole library.... Everything shows up on my brand new Sony TV under KooRaRoo.... but nonting will play. It just times out and says "File does not exist."

I did notice one strange thing.... When using Plex or any other DLNA server, not only do the files play, but only the title appears. Under KooRaRoo, it says the title, followed by M2TS. These files are not MPEG2 Transport streams. They are all h.264 files, set to AppleTV 3/iPad standards.

I should also say that I don't want any transcoding whatsoever... I just want my TV to play the movies and TV shows, but to keep my kids from watching "R" rated stuff....

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

KRR Team
October 20th, 2014, 12:51 AM
Hello rothwells and welcome to the forum!

Are you by any chance using NAS or network share for storing the files? If so please see this post for fixing that issue:

http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/2040-Cannot-play-files-from-your-NAS-but-they-work-from-a-local-drive

If not, please send to me the program logs so I check what goes wrong. To do that enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that restart the server using the "Stop server/Start server" button on the toolbar and try to play a file. Once that fails, stop the server and send the logs to support at kooraroo.com. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

For M2TS - could you send to me the file information? Just right-click it and select File Information, then send the output to me to support at kooraroo.com

Thanks
-AR

rothwells
November 4th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Hello rothwells and welcome to the forum!

Are you by any chance using NAS or network share for storing the files? If so please see this post for fixing that issue:

http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/2040-Cannot-play-files-from-your-NAS-but-they-work-from-a-local-drive

If not, please send to me the program logs so I check what goes wrong. To do that enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that restart the server using the "Stop server/Start server" button on the toolbar and try to play a file. Once that fails, stop the server and send the logs to support at kooraroo.com. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

For M2TS - could you send to me the file information? Just right-click it and select File Information, then send the output to me to support at kooraroo.com

Thanks
-AR

Hi! That fixed it..... but I still need some help, please.....

I'm looking at Kooraroo because it says it can do parental control over DNLA. Our TV and playstations and everything else does DNLA but I don't want my kids watching "Dexter" or "Boogie Nights"!

I've imported my movie library but everything still plays without any passcode being required on the TV and playstations. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

KRR Team
November 4th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Hi,

Great to hear it! For parental control - please read this page for more information: it has detailed steps on how to configure that feature.

http://www.kooraroo.com/faqs-parental-controls.php

Thanks
-AR