PDA

View Full Version : thumbnails for music folders

sero
October 10th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Hi,
I'm evaluating Kooraroo and also some competitors and I am very impressed, but I couldtn solve one little problem:
I have a lot of folders, each folder contains audio files from an album and also an image file like folder.jpg or front.jpg.
Now in Kooraroo GUI some of the folders show a thumbnail and some not. I tried changing all options in the actualize dialog,
also advanced options, renaming jpg-files, embedding thumbnails in metadata, all without success.
Even if two folders are configured exactly the same, one folder has a thumbnail but not the other.
I've seen I could add a folder-picture manually, but this is too much work on 2000 folders.
Any help would be very appreciated - thanks a lot!

KRR Team
October 11th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Hi Sero and welcome to Kooraroo forum!

Could you please do the following:

Select two folders - one that displays the picture and another that does not. Copy them to some other directory and delete all music files from them leaving only 1 music file in each of them. Then add those folders to Kooraroo media library. Make sure you still see the same problem, i.e. one of the folders displays the picture and another doesn't. If so, please zip both of them and email them to support at kooraroo.com. Thank you

-AR

sero
October 11th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Hi,
thanks for your reply!
In the meantime I have prepared a much smaller foldertree with only 5 albums and came to the following results:
- each folder have to contain an image file - e.g. folder.jpg in order to display the thumbnail (btw cover.jpg isnt a valid image name)
- if an image file didnt exists but metadata contains embedded thumbnails, though the audiofiles show the picture but not the containing folder
- if no thumbnails at all, the audiofiles - if known - got it nicely from internet, but again no folder picture is displayed

- When I was adding an image file or rename it from 'cover' to 'folder' afterwards, I wasnt able to refresh it and to show any folder thumbnails.
Neighter by updating the single folder nor the hole folder tree. I think I have activated all relevant options.
The only way was to delete the hole tree and to add it again.

best regards
sero.

KRR Team
October 20th, 2014, 02:22 AM
Hi sero,

I'm very sorry for late response, I somehow missed your post.
For the thumbnails: thank you for posting this information. Do I understand it correctly that you basically want the program to display the folder thumbnail from the metadata or from the internet, just like it does for folder.jpg files? Thanks

-AR

sero
October 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM
Hi,

Do I understand it correctly that you basically want the program to display the folder thumbnail from the metadata or from the internet,
just like it does for folder.jpg files?
Yes, this is what I want.
And also for folder.jpg files, it works only in the first run! If I add a missing folder.jpg file later and do a refresh, it didnt work.
it would be nice if I could update missing thumbnails.
thanks.
sero

KRR Team
October 22nd, 2014, 02:54 AM
sero,

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I've added it to the future development list.

-AR

pcug01
December 9th, 2014, 04:21 AM
sero,

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I've added it to the future development list.

-AR

Please also address the refresh issue, so that folder.jpg files are picked up for database thumbnails, even if the database already has a thumbnail. This should apply to ALL media folders during refresh. Of course you should scan the filename and if the graphic image contains the string "cover" or "folder" in upper, lower, or mixed-case, that should be picked up, as the default.

KRR Team
December 10th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Hi pcug01 and welcome to the forum! Yes, we will have the refresh issue fixed. Thank you for suggestions.

-AR