PDA

View Full Version : Streaming DVD ISO's and importing into kooraroo weird results

2g33k4u
August 8th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Hello,
I have recently switched my collection to ISO's I have been making backups of all my DVD using DVD Decryptor my collection is over 1200 movies.

Specs
Xeon Processor L5506
24Gb DDR3
Operating System 120Gb SSD Samsung
Kooraroo Installed to 30gb SSD
Transcoding folder is on Raid
Movies on 6x2TB Raid 5 9.97TB of storage space controlled by a Dell Perc 5/i Controller cache with 2GB Ram assembled at card level not within Windows.
Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
everything current
3 Port Teaming NIC
Nighthawk 7000 Router
Dell Managed switch with proper lacp settings for the teaming nics
PS3 Hard wired
Firewall ports opened following FAQ thread
Program added to firewall

with each of my .ISO they have a matching .MDS file are both required if not which do i use? When i update folder I get weird results for instance.

Movie
13 Going on 30 Length: 19 seconds Size: 7,605.0 MBs other info populates correctly
18_Fingers_of_death Length: 1 seconds Size: 4,070.5 MB's no meta data found

Titles with "_" in file name seem to not populate metadata. Ones without do populate but it does not give proper info like length of movie.
During import it sometimes takes forever to import a movie to DBase.

Are there optimum settings I am over looking? is there a guide to configuring Kooraroo for ISOs? like best practices?

When i do try to play these i get random results from each title
Random language for menus
Jumping directly to scene selection menu and flying through a few scenes then it starts playing.
many others.

KRR Team
August 9th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Hi 2g33k4u and welcome to the forum.

For MDS - these are not required. For ISO settings - there are none, it should work right off the box. Probably those ISO's aren't recognized properly. It would be really helpful if you could share any of them (preferably the smallest one, so it's easier to share). It would be very helpful to track this down. Thank you

-aR

2g33k4u
August 9th, 2014, 06:31 PM
I am at work I can work on sharing one with you Sunday or Monday when i have day off.

2g33k4u
August 18th, 2014, 12:04 PM
where do i send the link to the iso?

KRR Team
August 19th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Please send it to support at kooraroo.com. Thank you

-AR