PDA

View Full Version : Transcodimg and folder updates

Nathen
August 3rd, 2014, 08:10 AM
I have 2 questions /problems
1 I have my video media layed out in a folders that can be 3 or 4 folder deep. I have the upper most folder set to 12 hr update. I have the include sub-folder ticked. But it does not update the sub-folder, What am I doing wrong.
2 My Tv's are Samsung series B, How can I set the manual transcoding to a default option ie mpeg option as the Matroska option does not seem to work with my tv's

KRR Team
August 9th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Hi Nathen,

Welcome to the forum. For updates - I'll try to reproduce on my setup.

For Samsung transcoding option: it can be changed by modifying the device profile file (KooRaRooDevices.krrx) which is located "C:\Users\Public\Documents" folder by default.

Open it with any text editor (stop the server and close Kooraroo window before it) and look for the following line:

<Description manufacturer="Samsung" model="TV B-Series" system="PAL|NTSC">

This is a beginning of Samsung B series profile. If you scroll a bit down you'll see a list of video formats. You are interested in the following line:

<Format id="matroska" format="matroska,webm" mime="video/x-mkv" dlna="MKV" encode="1">

Notice the encode="1" option. To turn off the encoding replace it with encode="0".

Before making modifications to this file be sure to save a copy - just in case something goes wrong.
Hope this helps.

-AR

ashley
September 12th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I've configured the client as both "MX Player" and "MX Player Compatible". I've tried SW, HW and HW+ on the android devices. I've installed the ARM CODEC and ARM-NEON CODE.........

KRR Team
September 13th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Hello ashley,

I'm sorry, could you please let me know what kind of problem are you experiencing? Thank you

-AR