PDA

View Full Version : Revise File Locations - database

alback
June 28th, 2014, 01:01 AM
I am going through moving all files from one NAS to another. I need to advise KRR to find the same existing files, now located to a different drive location.

KRR allows you to add locations to your files using a '+' sign, however it simply lists the 2 locations, one that doesn't exist and the new location. I tried this and lists were dropped as Krr could not find the first location.

Only option to a clean start up is to delete the current file list, and enter a new one - same name. However all metafile date requires updating as IMDB, RT, and MDB do not always recognize the file name. Very time consuming with large databases.

Moving files around is very common, this should be added to KRR. Or, if this is already somewhere in the program, pls point me there??

KRR Team
June 28th, 2014, 03:32 AM
alback,

There is a feature in Kooraroo specifically suited for moving the files, it's called "Move to Disk Folder". See my reply here for details:

http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/2591-Moving-KooRaRoo-to-Another-Computer

-AR

alback
June 28th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Hi AR15, thanks for the reply.

That solution will work with relocating KRR to another computer. Doesn't apply the same with relocating the files to another network location. I worked through that with Dennis as I attempted to use Krr on both computers in my home office, and save setup time.

Network locations use IP address to locate files - cannot be named the same as the original.

Just a thought on this, KRR is charged a fee when we access metadata? Perhaps a saving here for you too?? Perhaps another solution is to attach revised metafile information to the file in our database.

When we look up the correct metadata information in KRR, we must select 'apply all and save'. If this is done once, the saved information should attach to the database for the file so that it does not need to be re-applied when the files are moved.

alb