PDA

View Full Version : Problem with update v.2.3.1.0

keiserSoze
May 2nd, 2014, 05:55 AM
Hi,

I was using older (free) version until today when I decided to update to new v.2.3.1.0. With this update it seems that my TV set is not detecting KRR media server. Server is running and everything seems to be ok on PC side, but TV set is not detecting it. (everything worked today before I updated to new version).
I should maybe also mention that I tried to push media to TV set and it worked, but this feature didn't worked with the older version which I upgraded today).
I also tried to refresh devices but that didn't help at all.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

K.

KRR Team
May 2nd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Hi keiserSoze,

Sorry for this problem. What is the model of your TV? Thank you

-AR

keiserSoze
May 2nd, 2014, 08:30 PM
Hi keiserSoze,

Sorry for this problem. What is the model of your TV? Thank you

-AR

Samsung LE40C630K1W, I had previously problem with detection as "Samsung-B", although it's C category, I have changed it manually on older version and everything worked afterwards. I have done the same thing with new version after device refresh, without success.

K.

keiserSoze
May 5th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Is there possibility I can download older version?

K.

KRR Team
May 6th, 2014, 01:17 AM
Sure, you can download previous version 2.3.0 from here:
http://bin.kooraroo.com/KooRaRooMedia-setup_2300.exe

But before doing it could you please help me to fix this problem by trying the potential fix as follows:

If you have 32 bit Windows please download the following file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20446456/temp/krr/32/KooRaRooMediaServer.exe

For 64 bit Windows, please download this one:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20446456/temp/krr/64/KooRaRooMediaServer.exe

Stop the server using Stop Server button on the toolbar.
Then copy the above file to "C:\Program Files\Kooraroo Media" folder replacing the existing file there. Start the server by pressing Start Server button.

See if it can be detected by your TV now. Thank you

keiserSoze
May 6th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Sure, you can download previous version 2.3.0 from here:...
See if it can be detected by your TV now. Thank you
Of course I will help you, no problem at all.
As I'm using free KRR (x86 install), I used first link. For now I can say that this build, although it is wrong one (licenced) for my installation, is working. "Trial expired" text is shown in place of every content item in TV set media browser, instead of proper, real value (but I can play it anyway, although playing "memory game" what content I will play lol), but we are on the right track ;)
Another thing I noticed from my 1st post here. After a while, I was not able to push media content to my TV set no matter I would do (restart server, service etc. except I didn't restart my box). And the same feature is not working with this "update" I made.
Might be that I messed something in the process of testing, but I wouldn't say.
If you need any log or something just let me know (I'm also of IT profession so you don't need to explain much)

P.S. please don't mind my comments, I'm trying to make picture big ;)
P.S.S. Tnx for the efforts to resolve the problem!

KRR Team
May 6th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help! I'll send to you a new version soon.

keiserSoze
May 8th, 2014, 11:02 PM
After your last PM update, media server is working as expected, on tv media browser.
The only thing that seems to be "blocked" is pushing media file to target device. For some reason application gets stuck a bit ("something like it's going to be unresponsive") and then nothing happens on the TV. As if information didn't get through. Let me know if you need anything to debug this.

P.S. I have installed now x64 last build and applied patch above you have suggested, I suppose this was ok.

KRR Team
May 10th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Hi keiserSoze,

Could you please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that restart the server using the "Stop server/Start server" button on the toolbar and try to push a file to your device. Once that fails, stop the server and send in the logs. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder. Thank you

-AR

keiserSoze
May 12th, 2014, 05:53 AM
yes sure I will do it probably a bit later today.

K.