PDA

View Full Version : Can you stream while a file transcodes?

jameatloaf
March 23rd, 2014, 01:06 AM
I have a 60 inch sharp aquos smart television. I am using just the trial version of KooRaRoo, and when I choose the kooraroo media server on my home dnla through the smart tv option I pick a video and it just goes black and nothing will play. I go back and look on my computer and it shows the file is transcoding, which takes quite some time. I was wondering if there is some way to stream while transcoding... if there is that will be like an instant buy for the full version since I've been having a hard time finding a decent dlna server for this tv.

Dennis
March 23rd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Yes, you should be able to play videos while they are being transcoded. Can you please check and see which device profile is being used for your TV (you can see this in the Devices pane). If it's not Sharp, please change it and try again. There is also a new Sharp profile coming out with the next KRR update which may work better for you.

jameatloaf
March 24th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Under my Sharp Aquos TV "device definition" has a check mark next to device and says Sharp Aquos Tvs, in the pull down menu. I suppose this is the correct profile because the only other one is Sharp Aquos TV MKV. But yeah while playing off the server it has started a new thing where it'll play the movie for like 20-30 minutes and just go black and my TV will reboot. Pretty sure the tv's smart TV feature is just junk because I can play movies through my Wii U just fine. I must just need a stand a lone media server.