PDA

View Full Version : subs

poppenz
March 13th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Hello, I'm having some problems making subtitles work (in this case SRT)

When i play this to my TV the subs are not displayed.
What could be the possible cause ?

Thanks.

PS: I got another movies (mp4 + srt) which just display the subs fine.

Dennis
March 13th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Hello,

What I've found is that LG TVs don't support external subtitles over DLNA for all file types (or at least some of the firmware versions on certain models). Do you have any other MKVs with .SRT files and if you do, do subtitles come up for those?

poppenz
March 13th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.
yes, i got another mkv/srt combo which displays fine.

Any ideas, what I could be doing wrong?

Also, are .sub files supported ?

Dennis
March 13th, 2014, 12:12 PM
It should work then - can you please send both .SRTs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll check if there's anything in the SRT file itself.

Yes, .SUB files are supported as well, provided the TV can handle them.

poppenz
March 13th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Yes, .SUB files are supported as well, provided the TV can handle them.

So that means these movies are not transcoded then and solely rely on the TV supporting the subtitle format ? Sorry if this question doesn't make sense, but I got other media servers like ps3 ms who do transcode the movies and work with sub format.

Dennis
March 14th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Yes, if a device (TV) supports external subtitles (such as .SRT or .SUB), then KRR can send them natively and this won't require transcoding of the file. If the device does not support a certain subtitle type, then KRR can burn-in those subtitles, so you'll see them, but that of course requires transcoding.

rward1953
December 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I'm having some trouble with SRT subtitles, and I suspect it might be my TV, a Sony Bravia.

Do you know if there is an issue?

Also, the files are a mixture of formats. Mainly MKV, would converting them to MP4 get around this?

KRR Team
December 21st, 2014, 01:37 AM
rward1953,

Sorry for late response. Looks like your TV doesn't support external subtitles natively. You might want to try the transcoding with burn-in subtitles - this should work fine with any TV.

-AR