PDA

View Full Version : There is no sound coming from tablet

luistech
February 26th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Hello,

I'm new to KRR and wanted to see if there's a setting that I might be missing when playing videos on my tablet. I can see the video fine (great actually), but there is no sound when playing the movie. KRR is installed in a windows 7 64 bit environment.

-cheers!

Luis

Dennis
February 26th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Hello Luis,

Can you please tell me the make and model of your tablet and also which player you are using on it? Also, please check the Devices pane in KRR and tell me which device profile is used for the tablet. Most likely it's a mismatch between the actual player and the device profile.

luistech
February 26th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Hello Luis,

Can you please tell me the make and model of your tablet and also which player you are using on it? Also, please check the Devices pane in KRR and tell me which device profile is used for the tablet. Most likely it's a mismatch between the actual player and the device profile.

Hello,

The tablet is a google Nexus 7. Where in KRR can I check to see which device profile is used for the tablet?

Thank you,

Luis

luistech
February 26th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Hello,

Found the setting...it's currently set to default. I can't seem to find Google Nexus 7. Which other device can I use?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
February 26th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Default is definitely not the best. I would actually recommend using a third-party player, such as MX Video player, as these tend to support more formats natively than the built-in ones. MX works well with Bubble UPnP and KooRaRoo (Bubble is the DLNA client).

luistech
February 26th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Dennis,

That did the trick...thanks...It's support like this that gets me closer to purchasing my free trial. I've only been using your software for a single day, and the support I've received is simply awesome! One last question, do all videos transcode? In my house, I run multiple devices and I'm worried that my i7-3770K with 16 gigs of Ram might not be able to handle all the devices (around 5) if the time ever came when we all decided to watch movies from KRR simultaneously.

Thank you,

Luis

Dennis
February 26th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Luis,

I'm glad that got things going. Only videos that cannot be played natively on your device get transcoded, thus it's important to select the best possible device profile for your devices. If a transcoded video can be re-used on another device, it will be.