PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't transcode properly it seems.

intheshallow
February 25th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I have a Vizio 60" Razor LED Model # E601I-A3 TV. Now the odd thing is that KRR doesn't seem to find any Devices inside the program itself. But on the TV, it does find the Device via DLNA. Whether this matters or not, I have no idea.

My main issue is that I am trying to stream a .mkv file. KRR transcoded this into a .mpg file which I can find, but doesn't play when I click it. I tried to manually transcode the file but it didn't seem to take effect. Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis
February 25th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Please open a support ticket and I'll send you a pre-release version with an updated profile for Vizio TVs. Does your TV come up in the Devices pane in KRR? It should be there, but it may not be in the Remote Player pane, if your TV does not support "play to" functionality.

intheshallow
February 26th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Please open a support ticket and I'll send you a pre-release version with an updated profile for Vizio TVs. Does your TV come up in the Devices pane in KRR? It should be there, but it may not be in the Remote Player pane, if your TV does not support "play to" functionality.

I see a bunch of Devices. 2 of which are unknown to me. I will have to look it up and see which ones they are. But I don't think it's the TV. I would have to check. Again, I can see the KRR on my TV when I look at my DLNA options. It's set as DLNA2.

I submitted my request by the way. The ticket number is #2473.

Dennis
February 26th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Ok, thank you - I'll get back to you via support.

pete_w
February 28th, 2014, 02:43 AM
I have a similar issue as original poster although a different model vizio an e551i-a2 and file type mp4's I would be interested in the updated profile, and one additional question When I try to set the device type in KRR there are 4 choices vizio tv vizio,tv(mpeg2),
vizio tv (720p),vizio tv (mpeg2,mp4,wmv) which is correct ?

Dennis
February 28th, 2014, 09:57 AM
If none of the current profiles work correctly, then you'll need the update which contains additional profiles - please also open a support ticket if you haven't already.

ccaputo
March 24th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I have this same tv, Vizio E601I-A3 and cannot get my files to play. I can see my tv listed in the devices menu but it appears as a Default Device. The files appear to be mpg files in the KooRaRoo folder on my tv, but the files do not open or play.

Any help is appreciated.

KRR Team
March 27th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Hi ccaputo,

Please make sure to select the correct profile for your TV. Default device profile won't work. If none of Vizio profiles works, you can later try the new version that we are planning to release in a few days. It'll have additional Vizio profiles.

-AR