PDA

View Full Version : cannot connect to LG BluRay player

tomj
February 6th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Hi folks,

I have an LG BD300 'wi-fi enabled' player which does not 'see' KooRaRoo, and KooRaRoo does not 'see' the player.

The player can see my home wi-fi network - it accepts the correct password, it shows a valid IP (192.168.1.2) and identifies the Gateway correctly(192.168.1.254), but there is no matching device in the KRR Device pane (by name, by description, by IP address or by MAC address).

I am running Win7x64; the Windows firewall 'allows' KRR (any port); other entries indicate that ports 1900 and 2869 are also open. The wireless router lists the LG player as an active client (though Win7 does not list the player in the Network section of Windows Explorer though the wired Win7 machine and the two wireless PCs all show up.)

Any help, ideas, suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

tom

Dennis
February 6th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Hi Tom,

Can you please confirm that the PC is on the same subnet as the LG? What is the IP address of the computer?

tomj
February 6th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Wow! You're up early Dennis! (or did I just misread the timestamp??) Anyway ...

The IP address of the Win7 desktop PC where KooRaRoo is installed is 192.168.1.5.

And I do truly appreciate the quick response; thanks ...

tom

Hi Tom,

Can you please confirm that the PC is on the same subnet as the LG? What is the IP address of the computer?

Dennis
February 6th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Tom,

The local time here (when I first replied) was 8:47 am, but I'm not sure what time it shows for you (I assume the forum will use your own time zone) ;)

Thanks for the information. I think we'll need to dive a bit deeper into this, so please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu in KRR. After that restart the server, go to your LG and try to find KRR there. Give it up to a minute. After that, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

tomj
February 6th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the guidance. I'll generate logs tomorrow, but will need to deal with a foot or so of snow first ...

tom

Tom,

The local time here (when I first replied) was 8:47 am, but I'm not sure what time it shows for you (I assume the forum will use your own time zone) ;)

Thanks for the information. I think we'll need to dive a bit deeper into this, so please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu in KRR. After that restart the server, go to your LG and try to find KRR there. Give it up to a minute. After that, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

Dennis
February 6th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Hi Tom,

No problem and good luck with the snow! It's +32C here now...

tomj
February 13th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Hi all,

Many thanks to Dennis for his support and sleuthing to resolve my problem!

As it turns out, I should have asked him to check the DLNA status of my player before ever installing KooRaRoo.

Sadly, as confirmed by LG Support, my LG BD300 does not support DLNA. So I'm out of luck for now ...

Jay Mac
February 21st, 2014, 08:07 AM
I need help, I have connected my Vizio E500i-A1 TV via wireless modem, and installed KooRaRoo on my PC, but either of them do not see each other, I am running windows XP, KRR does not read any Device...

Never mind it finally worked, but now I have a question about format..
when I went to see the movies they all have mpg at the end and won't play?

Dennis
February 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM
I'm glad you've sorted out the connection issue. With regards format and playback - please open a support ticket and I'll send you a pre-release version to try with improvements.