PDA

View Full Version : Disable Transcoding

newnews
March 30th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Hi,

I am new to KooRaRoo, I installed on WIN8 machine and all looks ok. My media player is able to play all my videos so I do not want to have transcoding. How to disable transcoding completely?

Thanks

Dennis
March 30th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Hi,

To disable transcoding please go to Devices pane in KooRaRoo, then double-click on your device to bring up the properties. In the properties dialog go to the Transcoding tab and untick the "Transcode incompatible files" checkbox. After that click OK to apply and transcoding will be disabled.

newnews
March 31st, 2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks, Dennis. It is ok now.

Another question:

It seems the server does not support idx/sub. The srt subtitle work fine. It is painful to convert idx/sub to srt so I hope KooRaRoo can natively support idx/sub type subtitles.

Dennis
March 31st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Yes, there are plans to add support for idx/sub subtitles in one of the future versions, but they are a bit difficult, because they are not text-based.

newnews
April 27th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Yes, there are plans to add support for idx/sub subtitles in one of the future versions, but they are a bit difficult, because they are not text-based.

Nero Media Home 4 can play idx/subs.

Dennis
April 27th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Perhaps it's delivering those as an external file in hopes the device will handle them on its own. Can you please tell me the make and model of your device and I'll test it here?

newnews
April 28th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks for letting me know. Perhaps it's delivering those as an external file in hopes the device will handle them on its own. Can you please tell me the make and model of your device and I'll test it here?

I am using Asus O!Play Air.

Dennis
April 28th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks! If you'd like, please open a ticket through http://support.kooraroo.com and I'll send you a patch to try.