PDA

View Full Version : Play Count - Bulk update?

MartyD
January 16th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Hi Dennis,
I've been running KRR for a couple of months and I'm quite happy with it so far. I'm using a couple of WD TVLives and have been fiddling about trying to find the setup that works best for me. My previous server lacked quite a few of KRR's features and the inbuilt Library function of the TVLive is not satisfactory for me. So KRR comes out on top.

I especially like the asterisk preceding already watched files, but that becomes the point of my query. Am I right that currently the only way to mark a previously watched file as "watched" is to open that file's properties, click on the Reset dropper and select "Set Today" then OK? I have hundreds of files I would like to mark as watched, but unless there's an easier way it's going to drive me around the bend. Would it be possible to put a "Set Today" button on the Toolbar or give it a keyboard shortcut? And could it be done to a multiple selection of files?

And how about when all files in a folder have been watched, would it be possible to have an asterisk at the parent folder?

Cheers,
MartyD

Dennis
January 16th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Hi Marty,

I'm glad that KRR works well for you - thank you!

At the moment the only bulk operation available is resetting the playcount, but not setting. It's not hard to add in this function, so please open a support ticket and I'll send you a patch with that soon.

Showing that all files have been watched in a folder is an interesting idea - thank you for the suggestion. The trick here is when you think about subfolders - if there are many subfolders, this could take a while, slowing down general browsing. I'll mark this for future development and additional thinking through :)

alback
April 2nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
I second the request, managing a large database of shows, movies etc. is key to what we see on the television screen. It would be much more convenient to go through files that have been viewed and missed under the settings and mark them in bulk.

alback
April 7th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Another aspect of the play count ....

I had to replace a drive in my NAS last week ... upon moving the files to a new device KRR has now reset all files under that drive to '0' play count.

Perhaps there was an extra proceedure i should have followed. There are whole directories that have been viewed via KRR in the past, that now become part of my "not yet viewed" dynamic folder.

It would be a nice feature if files viewed was kept in the KRR database so that movement of files our library can grows, or be modified without losing the play count or any other attributes (title mods etc) we may have assigned to the file.