PDA

View Full Version : Problem with streaming of dvd rips to Sony Bravia 2009

mapf
January 11th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Hi,

I am currently evaluating KRR and I am quite happy with it. However, I am struggling with a problem streaming to my 2009 Sony Bravia (W5500 i think).

I have different movie formats in my collection. Some MKVs in H264 (which can all be streamed fine) and also some DVD Rips in ISO format. There is no Problem streaming the mkvs but I have a problem with the iso files. I can see in the status window that KRR starts transcoding the movie. After a few seconds I can see that it starts streaming. However, it state to have 0kb/s. After a few more seconds the TV tells me that the Server cannot be accessed and does not start playing.

The TV is correctly identified as Sony 2009 or earlier in the devices section.

Do you have any idea what causes the problem? Other products that I evaluate (such as Mezzmo) have no problem with streaming the same file (however, they have other problems, so I would like to use KRR)

Best regards,

mapf

Dennis
January 11th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Hi,

ISO files should stream fine (and be transcoded on the fly to suit your TV's supported formats), so we need to look at this in more detail. Please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that try streaming that ISO to the TV again. Once it fails, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll investigate. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.